"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the acoustic intro is another The Legacy intro, like The Talisman's, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Yep. It's a little formulaic but it works. The past three Janick epics have had acoustic intros but they all have different moods and I suspect this one will too.

Did anyone else get the impression that we are only getting the single with no other teasers of any kind?!

Did anyone else get the impression that we are only getting the single with no other teasers of any kind?!
Yes, definitely. Janick said it's nice to hear the whole album first on it's day of release in this age of streaming preview samples on the internet.

The more detailed info we've read on the album. I'ma surprised this comes from him. He is quite specific on the songwriting process, and I like ti. Great find.

Past three? I counted two.
Talisman, Legacy, Dance of Death. Dream of Mirrors also had prominent acoustic parts but no intro.

I know Dance of Death has some clean electric guitars mixed in, but it's the same vibe and probably laid the groundwork for those later songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back