"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job TheSpectreWithin. A great interview to wake up to this morning, thanks.

Some really interesting insight on the songwriting processes and on Bruce's health battles. Great to read about the tour potentially kicking off early next year...hopefully this means they'll bring Ed Force One down to Australia in late January to headline the Soundwave Festival.

Last edited:
Yeah right. Would you go see a movie before seeing a trailer or even knowing what it's about?

My fiancé absolutely refuses to watch movie trailers. She sees posters and knows things from the media, etc., but will not watch an actual trailer. In recent years, I've found myself doing this and let me tell you: going into a movie mostly blind is a much more enjoyable experience.

My fiancé absolutely refuses to watch movie trailers. She sees posters and knows things from the media, etc., but will not watch an actual trailer. In recent years, I've found myself doing this and let me tell you: going into a movie mostly blind is a much more enjoyable experience.
Especially recently there has been this lame trend of trailers giving way too much away. I'd rather know nothing about a
movie than know too much. I've been going into most marvel movies blind for that reason.

What a great interview! Thanks so much! But shouldn't the following be considered a spoiler?:
The mention that there's a acoustic intro to the song, The Book Of Souls.

If any of the following:

1. The name of the album
2. The name of the songs
3 The length of the songs
4. The writing credits for the songs
5. The artwork for the album

Do not have to be in spoiler tags, than why should the details of interviews with bandmates? It would be odd to be selective with officially released information when it comes to spoiler tags.

Especially recently there has been this lame trend of trailers giving way too much away. I'd rather know nothing about a
movie than know too much. I've been going into most marvel movies blind for that reason.

Indeed. I was pleasantly surprised by both Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man for that reason.

Um, so...Maiden...I guess I won't spoil myself? (Yeah, right).

Oh yes GotG was a big one! I only knew about that movie from the name and didn't even realize it was Marvel until I saw the logo in the theater. One of the best movie experiences I've ever had. It sparked my interest in the MCU.

If any of the following:

1. The name of the album
2. The name of the songs
3 The length of the songs
4. The writing credits for the songs
5. The artwork for the album

Do not have to be in spoiler tags, than why should the details of interviews with bandmates? It would be odd to be selective with officially released information when it comes to spoiler tags.
Because some people may not even read those interviews for fear that they could contain spoilers.

Because some people may not even read those interviews for fear that they could contain spoilers.
And some people may not go to the official site for fear of spoilers. Would talking about who wrote what and the names of the songs be considered a spoiler for those people? Where do we draw the line? That's a serious question, cause I honestly don't know. I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere in these 94 pages, but I'm not about to reread all of them.

I thought all official information was fair game, but if not, I'd like to know what is, and what isn't.. for the future.

And some people may not go to the official site for fear of spoilers. Would talking about who wrote what and the names of the songs be considered a spoiler for those people? Where do we draw the line? That's a serious question, cause I honestly don't know. I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere in these 94 pages, but I'm not about to reread all of them.

I thought all official information was fair game, but if not, I'd like to know what is, and what isn't.. for the future.
I don't think who wrote the songs, titles, and lengths are spoilers, but quite a bit of stuff beyond that would be. People don't seem to be getting too upset over what's been revealed openly so far so it can't be too much of a problem. No one seemed to mind knowing that Bruce is playing piano on EOTC and Maiden is known for a lot of slow, acoustic intros on the last couple of albums so no real surprises there. Now, a full song by song review with VERY specific things about each song would definitely be some huge spoilers so you'd definitely want to use tags for something like that.

That interview was great, thanks! It's great to be hearing so much about the writing process, I'm fascinated by it. Janick seems very engaged and excited. I wish more people interviewed Janick!

Travis, I agree with you for the most part. It's just difficult/frustrating sometimes knowing what's appropriate and what's not..

For example, I was given a warning during The Final Frontier tour, because I mentioned I thought Steve's shirt, "Whale Oil Beef Hook" was fun. Apparently that was too much, and information about Steve's shirt gave away things about the tour.

Now if Steve's shirt is a spoiler for some people, enough so that I got a warning, than certainly song names, and durations would be a spoiler as well, would it not? But because that information is official, we do not have to put it into spoiler tags. At least that was my understanding.

However, If rules are different regarding each piece/kinds of official content, well that would be good to know.

I think the simplest solution would be to make a second thread. This one for all the spoilers, seeing how we already have some from interviews, and another for those who want to know nothing, but still want to talk about the upcoming album..

Ya, I see where you're coming from there. And yes, that would be a good idea to have 2 separate threads. We did that for Maiden's last tour and it worked out great.

16 days to Speed Of Light!

Last edited:
This thread is on its way to becoming the most viewed thread in all of Maidenfans history!
7Kjw6ZZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back