"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the love of Brave New World comes from two places. 1. A return to form. 2. Though repetitive, the songs are catchy and don't require much from the listener. It's an easy album to enjoy.
I got into Maiden mostly through BNW (more specifically Rock in Rio) so the context it was released under didn't mean anything to me, but now that I can listen to it in context after the four previous reunion albums I do get a triumphant vibe from it. Gotta say though I didn't like the album at first, but I mostly blame that on my attention span at the time. It was a pretty long album compared to the others.

Anyway, I like it because it's the most "classic" sounding reunion album. It's 15 years old now and I think it belongs in the same conversation as the golden age 80s albums. It's pretty much what I would expect them to sound like in the 00s based on those albums. While I prefer the latest two reunion albums, I feel like the sound is something else entirely. Which is something I'm grateful for, wouldn't want them to turn into Judas Priest and attempt to recapture the 80s every time. But it's nice we have one album that does that, while still sounding fresh.

Inb4 gk1 reminds me he doesn't like BNW.

I think the love of Brave New World comes from two places. 1. A return to form. 2. Though repetitive, the songs are catchy and don't require much from the listener. It's an easy album to enjoy.

Which Maiden albums do require much from the listener, though? Not being snide, I'm really wondering.

Anyway, "easy to enjoy" is a good thing, is it not?

Which Maiden albums do require much from the listener, though? Not being snide, I'm really wondering.

Anyway, "easy to enjoy" is a good thing, is it not?
I'd say X Factor, AMOLAD, and TFF. Maybe SIT. Other ones are pretty easy to listen to IMO. I think "easy to enjoy" is fine, if you want something more challenging then that stuff is out there. Not everything has to be challenging to the listener. For a metal band, I'd say Maiden is at least more challenging than a lot of their peers.

Hi guys, I'm a long time lurker who pops up on this forum in the hype period before every album release. I enjoyed this thread because it has been the first place to find any released news and reviews of TBOS (before they're taken down anyway). For that reason I think we should stick to the topic of The Book of Souls. Obviously you're all entitled to your opinions of Maiden's past work but is this really the best thread to have that discussion? If you want to complain about Maiden's recent albums again and again you should join one of the hundreds of other threads dedicated to shitting on your particular albums of disdain. It's hard to stick to the thread's topic when there's no news but let those of us who are still excited for The Book of Souls and still trust Maiden to make good music have this thread.

I know there hasn't been an official announcement yet, but I don't think Best Buy would have put up a pre-order and release date if SOL wasn't coming out on that day. Then again, we've had quite a few things a bit too far ahead of time. Never has so much mystery surrounded a new Maiden release! And because of that, I'm going to make a slight change to my countdown.

8? days to Speed Of Light!
29 days to The Book Of Souls!

Tomorrow is Bruce's birthday and it will be exactly 1 week before the supposed release of SOL so hopefully we'll get something official then.

Reactions: Gk1
I know there hasn't been an official announcement yet, but I don't think Best Buy would have put up a pre-order and release date if SOL wasn't coming out on that day. Then again, we've had quite a few things a bit too far ahead of time. Never has so much mystery surrounded a new Maiden release! And because of that, I'm going to make a slight change to my countdown.

8? days to Speed Of Light!
29 days to The Book Of Souls!

Tomorrow is Bruce's birthday and it will be exactly 1 week before the supposed release of SOL so hopefully we'll get something official then.

One of the admins on the official Maiden forums said Best Buy charged his card for Speed of Light. So it looks like it may be legit.

It could also be something else: deciding whether or not to release on a later date
Well, I just meant here on this thread. And don't even say that! The wait for the album is already bad enough for me. SOL being release a few days later I could take, but if it's the album, I'll lose my freaking mind!

Well, I just meant here on this thread. And don't even say that! The wait for the album is already bad enough for me. SOL being release a few days later I could take, but if it's the album, I'll lose my freaking mind!

Or they could completely change their mind about the release. (Hope not) I remember something like that: looking forward to an album from Haggard on a specified date (in 2006 or 2007). And then bang, it was released only a year later! (Btw, they have not released anything since then)

The thread is full of optimism it seems.

The launch of this album sucks. We did not get the studio diaries, we did not get in-depth reviews, we did not get announcements prior to the release of the track list and cover (remember for TFF the maiden website changed to a fraction of the cover with a timer?). During TFF we had stuff to talk about and speculate about but this time for 5 long years we got nothing. The wait was like torture especially after the christmas message. Now we are looking at a flood of information coming our way probably a week before release which is a little too late

The launch of this album sucks. We did not get the studio diaries, we did not get in-depth reviews, we did not get announcements prior to the release of the track list and cover (remember for TFF the maiden website changed to a fraction of the cover with a timer?). During TFF we had stuff to talk about and speculate about but this time for 5 long years we got nothing. The wait was like torture especially after the christmas message. Now we are looking at a flood of information coming our way probably a week before release which is a little too late
Dawson.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back