"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, this was discovered by a member called Kwek-Fu-Seng or something. He gets the credit.

Another one:

Which song is co-written by guitarist A, while guitarists B and C have solos in it (and not guitarist A).

The Mercenary!

That solo ends very cool (the very last notes). I think I can already hear some new equipment that they've been raving about in the fanzine. The sound is different.

What do you guys (and girls e.g. @Sara ) think of the messy (sorry but I find it a crappy!) sounding note/hit @ 0.23??

Man, I know they wanted a live sound, but I don't think I ever heard such a guitar mistake on a Maiden studio album.

I am listening to this clip and I think Adrian does it all, or at least he has the dominant sound (volume) in that melody after the solo. I clearly hear his touch, the way he presses the snare against the fret, when he ends each pattern in a longer note.

I am listening to this clip and I think Adrian does it all, or at least he has the dominant sound (volume) in that melody after the solo. I clearly hear his touch, the way he presses the snare against the fret, when he ends each pattern in a longer note.
My first thought was that the main bit (if just one guitarist) sounds like Dave.
This sound is totally Adrian
Yeh, the first bit. How is the second bit "totally Adrian". When has Adrian's tone ever sounded like this?

I wasn't sure if that was all Adrian when I first heard it, to be honest. I certainly thought there was a different sound in the second part, although as far as I know, only Dave has been experimenting in this department.

I think it's all three. Two play the high (same) notes, and the third lower. I hear Adrian the clearest. But it might be a mix with another amigo indeed.

Janick rants on how he doesn't care about teasers, samples and such (or in another wording).
What happens: a sample unleashed on mankind.

*wants to see Janick's face*

*wants to see Janick's face*

NGL_17MAIDEN07_26862123.jpg

Hehe!

Coming back at that melody after the solo: both my wife and I thought (independently) that the melody is somewhat reminiscant of the vocal melody in the couplets of Futureal, apart from the last bits!

Just sing these verses along with this snippet. :0)

I'm becoming less and less convinced that that's Adrian playing the lead in the second part. The first five seconds sound like Adrian to me, not the rest.

I clearly recognize his playing style (as described on previous page). It may sound a little different because some new effects could have been used, and/or other guys are playing at the same time as well.

Maybe. If it is, it's not brimming with Adrian style, unlike the tail end of the solo(?) at the beginning, which sounds very Adrian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back