"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost always Dave-H-Janick, isn't it?

Either that or H-Dave-Janick as in El Dorado,WTWWB and so on.I think it would be safer to say that Jan plays the last one in most cases,right?!

That would be a good idea for a new thread.Who plays what solo.But it might have been done already.

Last edited:
H often goes last in a 2 solo song.

The Fallen Angel it goes H-Dave-Jan.
The Nomad goes H-Jan-Dave.
Thin Line goes Dave-Dave-Dave-Dave.
No More Lies goes Dave-H-Jan.
Dance of Death goes H-Dave-Jan.
Paschendale goes Dave-H-Jan.
For the Greater Good of God goes Jan-H-Dave.
The Final Frontier goes H-Dave-H.
El Dorado is H-Dave-Jan.
Starblind goes H-H-Dave-H-H.
WTWWB goes H-Dave-Jan.

I really dig the teaser. The production sounds a bit similar to the Somewhere in Time album, and that is not a bad thing. The riff as someone mentioned sounds a bit similar to something Gary Moore would do.

Yeah, I'm picking up on that SiT sound too. It's a nice blend, I think, of SiT, SSoaSS and BNW.

Guys, I only heard the song on my Pad.Could someone tell me whether there is octave or unison harmony after the solo?Or is is a single guutar melody.I don't have my headphones with me.Thanks

It's either unison double tracked or a bit of chorus and verb. Hard to tell
Guys, I only heard the song on my Pad.Could someone tell me whether there is octave or unison harmony after the solo?Or is is a single guutar melody.I don't have my headphones with me.Thanks

Reactions: Gk1
There's someone playing it an octave lower (or at least parts of it) too but it's mixed very low. Could just be the stream.

Reactions: Gk1
There's someone playing it an octave lower (or at least parts of it) too but it's mixed very low. Could just be the stream.
I noticed that too, but I think it's just the keyboards or bass playing a pedal tone or root note under the melody. It is really hard to tell!

Yea it gets pretty muddy down there. Doesn't have me worried for the album though since most internet quality streams are like that and the low end actually sounds really good so far.

I thought it was an octave pedal at first but the vibrato is different so it's definitely not that. It's distorted so it can't be bass, as far as I know Steve always plays clean. I could see keyboards but they have three guitarists, might as well utilize that. :D

Am I the only one who feels just a tad reminded of Justice of the Peace by the teaser?

After having heard it a million times it seems to me that it is an ending part to the solo.....as H did in Wickerman (before and after the solo). At times it brings Justice of the piece to mind,other times it reminds me of a mix between Wildest dreams solo with Rainmaker after solo part mixed with "The tower" harmony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back