THE BOOK OF SOULS: LIVE CHAPTER - New Live Album! - November 17th

I think we are all agreed then that the Stream / Live footage is simply a long play promo that I will be surprised is priced at more than £5.00 per download. We all have the non BOS tracks on other DVD / Blu Rays anyway so perhaps we can all just enjoy the audio. Lets hope the CD / LP's sound great.

I really just like single shows for live stuff ... sure the songs are the same .. but each show has it's own flow and nuances .. I just think that works better than 1 song from one show another from something different

What I am excited about is that if Maiden does some streaming service, this might open the floodgates for past tours that were perhaps non DVD ready, but stuff I would like to see

I really just like single shows for live stuff ... sure the songs are the same .. but each show has it's own flow and nuances .. I just think that works better than 1 song from one show another from something different
Yeah, plus when you listen to such compilations, it doesn't really matter from which date a song comes. Doing it for DVD makes more sense, because then you feel a different vibe with each venue they show. Although I haven't seen the Live Chapter video yet (I want to hear the proper audio version first), I think the production value wasn't big enough to capture it the way Flight 666 did.

Now, if they genuinely put effort into picking the absolutely best performances of the songs (or just let MaidenFans do it for them, lol) then it would be worthwhile. I doubt that's the case in reality, though.

Well these clips are all sourced from the screen feeds and the little bit of footage I was able to catch yesterday was sloppily edited (lots of continuity errors which has been pointed out). But maybe that’s why they did it as a free live stream.

Yeah, I think they just slapped it together from the best screens. I mean, Bruce's wedding ring is appearing and disappearing rapidly, for example. That's fine, it's a free stream.

I didn't watch the stream & haven't really being paying that much attention. Can someone summarise to me what's actually going on right now in respect to whatever this release is?

It's a live album being released in digital only format. The video is for sale, but they just put it up for free on Youtube because why the fuck not.

Watched a bit of it just now on their YouTube but started skipping a bit around halfway through. It's good but also fairly standard Maiden concert DVD fare...

Looking forward to whatever announcement is coming up tomorrow :ok:

Your signature is out of date, Cried.

Also, welcome back Sixes!

Back