The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Anyone seeing Maiden at the Rock Werchter festival in Belguim on the 3rd of July?  I am flying from Australia to Paris for a week's work and it coincides with this festival so I am really keen to train it up to Belguim.  I'll be with a friend from Paris but it would be great to meet up with any maidnefans members too...

I'm going to see them in Nottingham! I'm driving a 400 mile round-trip to go see the best band in the world!

Wednesday, July 27th  :edmetal:

levi95psn said:
I'm going to see them in Nottingham! I'm driving a 400 mile round-trip to go see the best band in the world!

Wednesday, July 27th  :edmetal:

Me too mate, havent worked out the mileage, but driving from Norwich, in Norfolk. CANNOT WAIT!!!

Not really a spoiler, and I hope this one actually gets released. However, I would much rather see a DVD from 2010. The only thing I want to see on DVD from this year
is the new songs. And even then I'd rather see the 2010 set.

hope they will replace songs from 80s for some from 90s, this setlist should works for me:

01 - Satellite 15.....The Final Frontier
02 - El Dorado
03 - No Prayer For The Dying
04 - The Talisman
05 - Coming Home
06 - Dance Of Death
07 - Be Qucik Or Be Daed
08 - Man On The Edge
09 - The Clansman
11 - When The Wild Wind Blows
12 - Afraid To Shoot Stangers
13 - Fear Of The Dark
14 - Iron Maiden
15 - Tailguner
16 - Hallowed Be Thy Name
17 - Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter...

Bruce seems to be having some vocal troubles. On The Talisman, he seems to be going an octave lower in much if it. What's the deal with that?

I haven't seen any boots lately but I imagine that
Talisman is very hard to sing and gets harder over time.

Is not an easy song, in vocal speaking, BUT! ( and this is my opinion ) I discovered that someone ( probably Nicko ) is taking songs much much faster than on the studio version, which obviously make things much harder for Bruce, cause... if the song is played faster he can't breath normally, and there you go...... and there are very much songs played live like that

Any video of
Bruce not being able to sing the Talisman as well as he did on the first shows?I've only watched videos until Korea.

rokyronnie said:
Is not an easy song, in vocal speaking, BUT! ( and this is my opinion ) I discovered that someone ( probably Nicko ) is taking songs much much faster than on the studio version, which obviously make things much harder for Bruce, cause... if the song is played faster he can't breath normally, and there you go...... and there are very much songs played live like that
It is probably Steve speeding up the songs. I'm not sure as with Murder89, I only watched shows up to Korea.

I think is Nicko...... and there are many songs played faster than on the album ( check Revelations live, I don't think there is one like on as it is on the studio record )
I can't figure out why would Steve speed up the songs if they are already a bit speedy, but..... we can't know for sure what's the point there.I think this is a good question for an interview :).
But the only think we know, is that this is obviously not right for Bruce, and the quality of the songs played like that is a bit poor.

Steve has been known to speed up songs. Particularly Flight Of Icarus, which is why they won't play it anymore. Steve likes it fast and Bruce and H like it album speed.

Oh... obviously it's easy for him to say : "Let's speed up that and that and that .... " but for Bruce... I'm sure is not ok.
And ... why would him speed up songs ? I don't understand this

Back