The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Stallion Duck said:
Also some people check their unread replies. If we didn't use Spoiler Tags an unwanted tour spoiler might show up.

Huh, hadn't thought of that one. It's still a pain in the arse for what I suspect is the vast majority though...

I don't think it's a pain. Seriously, what is so hard about clicking the spoiler icon and writing inside it? And if you're too lazy to hover over the spoiler icon then I pity you.

Stallion Duck said:
I don't think it's a pain. Seriously, what is so hard about clicking the spoiler icon and writing inside it? And if you're too lazy to hover over the spoiler icon then I pity you.

If you'd bothered to read my posts, you'd know what my problem is. Take your pity and shove it up your arse.

I honestly don't see what is so irritating about hovering over a spoiler tag.

Reading a topic that's full of spoiler-posts is idiotic. Especially when you have spoiled replies to spoiled quotes.
Now imagine doing that with something that doesn't have a mouse.

There are tons of SMF plugins that will do the job; eg. enable an user to "ignore" a thread or whole sub-forum. Or a plugin that will permanently hide a certain topic from "new posts" listings, and stuff.
In my view, a lot more visitors read the spolied topics.

Current way is pure bullshit and only annoyance to those that want to read the goddamn topics.

Zare said:
There are tons of SMF plugins that will do the job; eg. enable an user to "ignore" a thread or whole sub-forum. Or a plugin that will permanently hide a certain topic from "new posts" listings, and stuff.
In my view, a lot more visitors read the spolied topics.

If you have some plugin options, email jon at maidenfans dot com and I'm sure he'll look into it.

I just know when I saw them in Tampa, I had an idea of what they would play. I really don't care what they play and what they don't. There are songs that I like better than others, but there are songs that I have'nt heard live before and enjoy it when they decide to play this and not that. It keeps it fresh, and I think that explains part of thier longevity.

People who are being overly critical that they are playing more songs of off TFF, well it is a supporting tour for the album.

I think there are more people complaining about the rules than posting about the tour.

If you feel better, we can set up a thread in the madness forum where you can complain all you want about the rules.

Otherwise, LC stated the facts.

Is anybody really going to be upset if they found out which songs were gonna be played?  <_<

I'm going to the O2, London in August and I've been trying to get as much info as possible about the setlist. Mainly because I want as little from TFF as possible  :lol:

Wasted The Great said:
I think there are more people complaining about the rules than posting about the tour.

My complaint is with people who don't want to be spoiled, spending a lot of time on a thread clearly marked spoilers, and as Snake Pilsen mentioned, the spoilers are annoying and perhaps a little out of hand. It's like not wanting to see boobs, but going to a strip club anyway.

Better don't try to judge what others are doing here. It isn't difficult if you want to see it though, just check my posts if you wish.

Europeans have not chosen to see Maiden so "late" at this tour. We must be patient to see the band.

To the others, e.g. people who have seen the band, people who can't imagine what a spoiled (or better: a non-spoiled!) setlist means, or people who only care about their own luxury "problems" such as scrolling through a forum rather than taking into account with others, I say: 93 days to go.  :D

Forostar, I was actually thinking of you while writting the post--not because you are playing with fire, but because I agree with the way you are approaching this. You have been careful, but are also very educated in the composituion of Maiden stes. My point has not been "let's spoil it for everyone," but rather some are going overboard with the spoiling and more importantly, that if you are a true Maiden fan that you should be able to predict 90% of the setlist (which I recall you just about did with the 2010 leg of the tour). My quarrel isn't with you, it's with those who think saying that they played

Iron Maiden or Hallowed Be Thy Name or even one of the very obvious new songs
is really a spoiler.

I am often looking at this site at work (shhhh!) and I like the keep the screen as small as possible and larger spoiler boxes make the screen jump around, etc. In the end I would rather be a European who knows the setlist ahead of time than an American who won't get a chance to see the tour at all, so my sympathy is extended, but only so far.

Habberdasher said:
My complaint is with people who don't want to be spoiled, spending a lot of time on a thread clearly marked spoilers, and as Snake Pilsen mentioned, the spoilers are annoying and perhaps a little out of hand. It's like not wanting to see boobs, but going to a strip club anyway.
I've explained this already. Some people look at their unread posts.

Crimson Mask said:
Some people haven't seen the tour yet and might not know that Steve is playing a bass.

Hahahaha.  :bigsmile:

Since I wasn't able to make it to any of the 2011 dates I'm very much looking forward to the forthcoming DVD.

Back