TBOS Tour Predictions

Shit I meant to put Fear of the Dark before Iron Maiden. And yes Two Minutes will be played
I hope it won't. I have seen that song played 4 times and I could do without it for once. Also H has stated that he is tired of playing that song. And they drop it every two or three tours.

Well if they don't play it then nothing else will probably get played from Powerslave. As they will probably play Death or Glory, which takes out Aces due to the very similar lyrical content, Rime is out automatically due to length, and Powerslave just seems doubtful. They also play something from that album and I say that Two Minutes probably makes another return.

Well if they don't play it then nothing else will probably get played from Powerslave. As they will probably play Death or Glory, which takes out Aces due to the very similar lyrical content, Rime is out automatically due to length, and Powerslave just seems doubtful. They also play something from that album and I say that Two Minutes probably makes another return.
In your setlist prediction you also completely omitted SSOASS which is Harry's (and mine) favourite album... The fact is that extensively played songs from Powerslave and SSOASS in the last few tours. I can do without them this time.

In your setlist prediction you also completely omitted SSOASS which is Harry's (and mine) favourite album... The fact is that extensively played songs from Powerslave and SSOASS in the last few tours. I can do without them this time.
Most of Seventh Son just got played so they might take a break. However we can't be sure about Powerslave.

When Bruce mentioned a track that they might surprise us with that we think they "never play", considering the unknown variable of how his voice is going to do this tour, perhaps that surprise track will be...an instrumental? In the middle of the set to give him a brief respite? Transylvania or Losfer Words (yes Forostar I would love for it to be Genghis Khan, but that would be a slim chance indeed).?

When Bruce mentioned a track that they might surprise us with that we think they "never play", considering the unknown variable of how his voice is going to do this tour, perhaps that surprise track will be...an instrumental? In the middle of the set to give him a brief respite? Transylvania or Losfer Words (yes Forostar I would love for it to be Genghis Khan, but that would be a slim chance indeed).?

I think that track or tracks are more likely from the Blaze or Paul albums. I am predicting that we will see quite a few of Killers tracks, because songs from TBOS are pretty challenging vocaly (except TOAC and maybe DOG) and would give Bruce a break and he loves that album. Full-blown instrumental? Less likely but possible if Bruce isn't 100% in February.

Edit: If TRATB is played there is almost no chance they do an instrumental song because of the 7-minute instrumental section.

When Bruce mentioned a track that they might surprise us with that we think they "never play"...
I don't. I assume by "never play" you mean never been played? No being rude, but I don't think anybody thinks this is what Bruce meant by a surprise. It'll almost certainly be a track that's been played live on a previous occasion. Plus, they haven't even rehearsed yet, so I don't think this statement carries much weight anyway.
I think that track or tracks are more likely from the Blaze or Paul albums. I am predicting that we will see quite a few of Killers tracks, because songs from TBOS are pretty challenging vocaly (except TOAC and maybe DOG) and would give Bruce a break and he loves that album. Full-blown instrumental? Less likely but possible if Bruce isn't 100% in February.

Edit: If TRATB is played there is almost no chance they do an instrumental song because of the 7-minute instrumental section.
It's going to be Wrathchild, we all know it.

I don't. I assume by "never play" you mean never been played? No being rude, but I don't think anybody thinks this is what Bruce meant by a surprise. It'll almost certainly be a track that's been played live on a previous occasion. Plus, they haven't even rehearsed yet, so I don't think this statement carries much weight anyway.

It's going to be Wrathchild, we all know it.

Not necessarily. In 2014 Wrathchild was dropped and didn't sound good. I hope it is soumething else like the title track or MITRM.

If they do play MITRM, hopefully Bruce won't butcher the lyrics on the chorus like he did on the b-side from LAD.

Man Of Sorrows might actually be my favorite on the whole album. Didn't see that one coming at all.

On first listen i didnt like it at all but its a grower and the outro is quite psychedelic. Never getting played live though.
I think definite tracks are...
IESF
SOL
TRATB
BOS

I reckon they'll one more, hard to guess but I'd live WTRRD, I can just see 'Arry jumpin over the monitor as it kicks in

Less likely but possible if Bruce isn't 100% in February.
I am not worried about Bruce as much as about Nicko (and to some extent, Steve himself). He was honestly not really good and too slow quite often at Hellfest 2014 and the Book of Souls is fraught with rhythm slips, as much as I like the album and Nicko. :(

I am not worried about Bruce as much as about Nicko (and to some extent, Steve himself). He was honestly not really good and too slow quite often at Hellfest 2014 and the Book of Souls is fraught with rhythm slips, as much as I like the album and Nicko. :(

I hope that they choose the songs that can benefit from that aspect like The Prisoner and SSOASS did on the ME tour. That was also the reason why Wrathchild was dropped - it didn't have the punch like it used to.

On first listen i didnt like it at all but its a grower and the outro is quite psychedelic. Never getting played live though.
I think definite tracks are...
IESF
SOL
TRATB
BOS

I reckon they'll one more, hard to guess but I'd live WTRRD, I can just see 'Arry jumpin over the monitor as it kicks in

DOG is also a definite track IMHO... It was featured in the tour commercial.

Back