TBOS Tour Predictions

I think it's funny that people expect Iron Maiden to make a press release saying, "Here's the songs we're playing! Come prepared! Do your homework!" This has never happened in the history of music (unless it's a full album tour, which we know this is not).

Of late I usually go one setlist.fm and find out the setlist to a show before I go. I'm finding that it takes something away from the show. It takes away the, "Oh..wow! Nice song choice!" moment. Yea, I know when I can go take a piss, but that's a small positive. So I think for this show I'll be making a point to go in clueless.

My ticket is in june, so many shows been played and i doubt they play very diffrent the whole tour.

I do agree with the surprise part. But i know pretty much everysong very well, but several im going with do not, and they are kinda interested in hearing some of it.

Maybe just play the Book of Souls, my guess is that that will be played alot.

So I think for this show I'll be making a point to go in clueless.

In the past before Facebook and internet fan forums this was never a problem. But the way it is now, you need to tread lightly online for like an entire year (if your show is late 2016) to stay completely unaware of the show :)

Personally I've pretty much given up on that. I would like to be surprised at the show...but that need is not high enough that it beats out my curiosity :p

But yeah. This is an album tour, it's gonna be new stuff and classics.

In the past before Facebook and internet fan forums this was never a problem. But the way it is now, you need to tread lightly online for like an entire year (if your show is late 2016) to stay completely unaware of the show :)

Personally I've pretty much given up on that. I would like to be surprised at the show...but that need is not high enough that it beats out my curiosity :p

But yeah. This is an album tour, it's gonna be new stuff and classics.

Yeah i also like the suprise thing, but that need is really hard to beat for me.

I'll take anything from AMOLAD.

Agreed. Although I'd say they're unlikely to play anything that wasn't on the second leg of the AMOLAD tour or first leg TFF (i.e. the "tour" tracks, not just the ones played on the "whole album tour"). My guess would be Benjamin Breeg or These Colours Don't Run.

The Legacy! The Legacy! The Legacy!
Would be cool, but won't happen again :p I suppose it's mainly because of how challenging it is for Bruce. Also, I just can't imagine this song not being the centrepiece (or the climactic moment) of the show. On the upcoming tour, this role has to belong to some new song. As for AMoLaD, most likely we're going to get one of the songs played on the first leg of TFF tour. For me Breeg would be perfect. I wouldn't expect more than two. I can easily imagine them playing just one song preceded by a spoken introduction highlighting the anniversary.

Last year Priest released 2 disc set Redeemer of Souls but only played songs from disc 1. Wonder if Maiden will do the same? Possibly yes due to length of songs TBOS, TRATB. If they play anything from disc 2, maybe only DOG.

Last year Priest released 2 disc set Redeemer of Souls but only played songs from disc 1. Wonder if Maiden will do the same? Possibly yes due to length of songs TBOS, TRATB. If they play anything from disc 2, maybe only DOG.

I think the difference with that was is that Disc 2 of ROS were bonus tracks (to my knowledge), whereas Disc 2 of TBOS is a contium of the main album.

I could definitely see all the tracks from Disc 2 apart from Empire being played - Whether they will, that's mere speculation.
:)

Last edited:
Redeemer of Souls disc 2 was a bonus disc, not part of the real album. You could buy it without the disc. I saw it as more of a bonus EP. TBOS is very much a single unit.

That said, I think the setlist will be more Disc 1 heavy. They will probably play everything except WTRRD and Great Unknown. Disc 2 will probably just be Tears and Death or Glory.

After a few months of listening to the album, I am quite certain they will play:
"Speed of Light"
"Death or Glory"
"Tears of a Clown"
"The Book of Souls"

and I am still hesitant about:
"If Eternity Should Fail"
and "The Red and the Black"

I would be surprised if "When the River Runs Deep" or "Shadows of the Valley" were included, but happy with it, though. :)

I'm going for four. If Eternity Should Fail, Speed of Light. Death or Glory, and for the longer one, Book of Souls.

I hate to complain about the setlist, but I'd be a bit disappointed if they only chose 4 songs from the album. It's an ambitious album and I hope they're confident in it enough to play at least half of the songs.

I hate to complain about the setlist, but I'd be a bit disappointed if they only chose 4 songs from the album. It's an ambitious album and I hope they're confident in it enough to play at least half of the songs.
That's kind of what I was thinking when I saw the first four that Black Bart put up; not the tracks themselves, but the number of tracks. I thought, four; that's really not that many. I'd like five or six I think.

What's usual for Maiden anyway?
Stats. @Forostar. Now! :D

Back