TBOS Tour Predictions

I'm still open to the idea of Harris blank out refusing to tune down so that we're left without eternity...thought maybe something like this, if that is the case:

1. Speed of light
2. Death or glory
3. 2 minutes to midnight
4. The trooper
5. Tears of a clown
6. The red and the black
7. The wicker man
8. Dance of death
9. Heaven can wait
10. The book of souls
11. the number of the beast
12. Fear of the dark
13. Iron maiden

encore:
14. Hallowed be thy name
15. The evil that men do
16. Running free

Heaven can wait seems very impropable to me.

PS: why everyone of us is lefting out SOTV? Imo could be a live bomb!

I don't think that's likely, because he insisted that they use a song from Bruce's solo material for the opening track. It would be dead stupid if somebody "refused" to play it live.

Apart from that, 1982 was the one and only instance where they decided they won't play opening album track on the tour. And in 1995 there was again a single case of album opener not being played as show opener, but later in the set.

Megadeth plays a heavily censored show (guitar lines/solos instead of singing lyrics, omission of some staple tracks due to lyrics, concert got stopped after 1 hr)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/megadeths-concert-in-beijing-ends-abruptly-after-one-hour/

In one of the interviews that Harris did, posted here in last two days or so, interview asks about Maiden's first ever China show(s) on the TBOS tour, and Harris said they wanted to play there before but couldn't.
Maybe before they didn't want to accept censorship. It will be interesting to see if there are any setlist changes in comparison to 'normal'.

Hm, I wonder which Maiden staples will they censor. Might be first Iron Maiden show without the Iron Maiden song? :p

I think they won't compromise themselves. Most likely scenario is there won't be any censorship at all. Megadeth is, after all, ran by a right-wing American and songs directly reference drugs, guns, satanic rituals and a lot of other 'heavy' topics Maiden don't write about. We'll see.

Um, The Number Of The Beast is kinda satanic :p And I don't think the Chinese will love all the songs about war.

Megadeth plays a heavily censored show (guitar lines/solos instead of singing lyrics, omission of some staple tracks due to lyrics, concert got stopped after 1 hr)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/megadeths-concert-in-beijing-ends-abruptly-after-one-hour/

In one of the interviews that Harris did, posted here in last two days or so, interview asks about Maiden's first ever China show(s) on the TBOS tour, and Harris said they wanted to play there before but couldn't.
Maybe before they didn't want to accept censorship. It will be interesting to see if there are any setlist changes in comparison to 'normal'.
Maybe the Chinese government will push cynicism as far as making them play "Be Quick or Be Dead"! :D

As long as the band don't cover Bruce's solo song "Tibet", they should be able to get out of the country alive. ;)

So. No war, no potential satanic references, no Tibet, no guns, no drugs, no heavy topics. What does that leave us with? Quest for Fire? Or would they object to the anachronistic dinosaurs? :p

I'm still open to the idea of Harris blank out refusing to tune down so that we're left without eternity.
I seriously hope not.

Now that I have tickets, I wanna join in on my prediction (strictly from the gut):

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
Rainmaker
Aces High
The Book of Souls
The Trooper
The Number of the Beast
Death or Glory
Wrathchild
Fear of the Dark
Killers
Revelations
Run to the Hills
Empire of the Clouds

Encore:
Brave New World
Iron Maiden
Hallowed by Thy Name

I'd wager they will play either These Colours Don't Run or Benjamin Breeg.
As for this 'classic' that Bruce said they never play live and will surprise us all...To Tame A Land would be my guess. Would be ecstatic with this or CSIT but perhaps wishful thinking on my part

I'd wager they will play either These Colours Don't Run or Benjamin Breeg.
As for this 'classic' that Bruce said they never play live and will surprise us all...To Tame A Land would be my guess. Would be ecstatic with this or CSIT but perhaps wishful thinking on my part
You are probably right about which song they will play from AMOLAD but those are the same songs they played on the first leg of TFF tour so I hope they change to something different from that LP.

I'll put my two pennies worth in terms of a setlist.

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. The Trooper
4. The Red and the Black
5. Brave New World
6. Death or Glory
7. The Great Unknown
8. Rainmaker
9. The Book of Souls
10. Coming Home
11. The Wicker Man
12. Dance of Death
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden

15. The Number of the Beast
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
17. Running Free

:)

Well....I know they're not doing Empire of the Clouds now.
Hey...this is my first drunk post. I should get a "badge" or "award" (or whatever it's called) for that. ;)

Back