SYMPHONY X SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> The Odyssey wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
I thought I would vote for Whispers, but in the end I decided I actually like it.

So it's Winter's Dream 2, The Eyes of Medusa and barely Pharaoh for me.

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
Pharaoh - 6 votes
The Eyes Of Medusa - 5 votes

Twilight In Olympus joins the game! This round will last at least until Tuesday because I'll be too busy to update. So take your time.

Whispers
Sonata
Dragon's Den
Lady of the Snow

I really like all of Twilight, of Sonata is barely anything, and DD and LotS are both just average SX songs.

Twilight is a weird album for me. It's all good but something about it feels incomplete, especially the 2nd half. The last three songs are good but seem kinda tacked on. Maybe it's missing that final epic, since it was supposed to end with what would later become V (specifically the final song on that album).

The first 5 songs would've made a pretty good EP actually. Anyway, for me the three songs that deserve to be promoted are very obvious on this album. So I'll be voting for all but those.

In The Dragon's Den with 3 votes? Candlelight Fantasia with 2? Y'all are nuts.

Whispers, Ascension, Out Of The Ashes, Divine Wings, Sonata, Lady.

I finally got around to listening to Twilight In Olympus. Another very good album. I'd take it over Damnation Game, but not Divine Wings. I'll need to listen to it a few more times before I can fully digest it.

This round I'm voting Damnation Game, Dressed To Kill, Candlelight Fantasia, Sonata, Lady Of The Snow.

I'm glad to see that most of you prefer the more epic, orchestral Symphony X when compared to the more concise metal Symphony X. It will be interesting to see the votes for their latest three albums...

I'm glad to see that most of you prefer the more epic, orchestral Symphony X when compared to the more concise metal Symphony X. It will be interesting to see the votes for their latest three albums...

I'm actually finding a new appreciation for their fast songs on this relisten. I still prefer the sparkling piano epics, but they have a very special brand ferocity in their short songs.

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
In The Dragon's Den - 6 votes
The Damnation Game - 4 votes
The Relic - 4 votes

Promoted:
Dressed To Kill
The Edge Of Forever
A Winter's Dream, Part 2 - The Ascension

V - The New Mythology Suite joins the game!

Back