SYMPHONY X SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> The Odyssey wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Ashes, Wings, Communion (so boring, why is no one voting for it?!), Lacrymosa, A Fool's Paradise.

Sorry for the triple post, but I have to give a shout out to The Accolade. I currently have it tied with The Edge of Forever for absolute favorite SX song. Not only are these songs simply amazing, but I could easily justify putting them in my top 100 songs of all time.

For what it's worth, right now I'm really hoping The Accolade ends up winning this survivor*

*This is all subject to change after listening to the remaining albums.

Alright :) My opinion on V has changed for the better after listening to it a couple of times for the game :) Update coming soon!

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
The Death Of Balance / Lacrymosa - 5 votes
A Fool's Paradise - 4 votes

The Odyssey joins the game! Frontiers is a bonus song.

The Odyssey is still an awesome album. Tied with V for my favorite SX. It's been a long time since listening to it and I totally forgot how mind blowing it is. And I don't care how often they play it, Inferno is one of the greatest album openers ever.

I love the entire Odyssey album and I love Frontiers and wish it had been included instead of Incantations or the Turning, which are the only songs I can bring myself to vote for in this round.

Picked my 3 favs from the first two albums, so voting for Ashes, Wings, Communion, Absence and Rediscovery. Also Wicked, Incantations, Awakenings and Frontiers.

The Odyssey Is the first album I've listened to from this band, and is really the reason that I made the decision to try to fully discover them. Listening to it right now, and I fully understand why. I also have this tied with V for favorite SX album.

Oh, I agree with all that Odyssey praise. I believe it's still my #1 (closely followed by Divine Wings and Underworld). It's going to be very hard to pick a bad song. Incantations, probably. Shit, I have to play it all again.

The Odyssey was my first Symphony X experience. The first thing that really grabbed me (outside of the guitar in Inferno) was the main riff in Wicked. I'd never heard a band use a 4/4 beat but have a riff in an odd meter over it like that before. And out of any band I've heard to this point, they still make it sound the best.

Back