SYMPHONY X SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> The Odyssey wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
I'm currently listening to V for the first time, and it kicks ass!:edmetal: It's going to take me a few days before I'll be ready to vote, but this might be favorite SX album yet!

That's because it's their best! Listen a few times before voting, it might take some time to sink in.

Also, for those who haven't read it, here's a detailed summary of the story: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/story-behind-v.109122/

It used to exist (with slightly better grammar) on the official site, but I'm pretty sure it got swallowed by the update monster.

Only voting for the segues this round. Nothing from this album deserves to go, but these will certainly be the sacrificial lambs sent to appease the hunger of Montu-Sekhmet.

Voted for some filler stuff like Sins and Smoke and most of the segues, but I can't bring myself to vote for Rediscovery pt. 1 because to me Rediscovery is one big beautiful song and the intro is so tranquil.

I have voted only for the intermissions and Candlelight Fantasia this time. I have a hard time choosing which of the songs remaining should go.

V is such a great album. Been awhile since I've last put it on but I've been revisiting it this week. I'm voting for most of the interludes, but some of them actually stand well on their own. On the Breath of Poseidon is one of the highlights of the album for me, it deserves to stay. I also had a hard time voting for Death of Balance.

Also, Orion is pretty much a proto-Fallen, no reason to keep it around now. :p

From V I could only bring myself to vote for Prelude, Fallen, Transcendence, and the Rediscovery segue. Also voting for Orion.

I have to admit I'm not a fan of V. They tried to go full prog and lost almost all their catchiness... only Evolution is memorable so far. However, I'll give it one more chance in the next round, so I'll just vote for its interludes in this round.

Sea, Ashes, Wings, Orion, Prelude, Transcendence, Poseidon, Rediscovery.

You should pay extra attention to Fallen, Absence of Light, and A Fool's Paradise if you want catchy IMO. They all have the classic SX elements.

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
Prelude - 6 votes
Transcendence - 6 votes
Rediscovery - 5 votes

Anyone else hearing "Obi Wan will carry on" in The Bird-Serpent War / Cataclysm? :p

Voting for Sea, Ashes, Wings, Orion, Communion, Cataclysm, Poseidon and Lacrymosa.

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
Sea Of Lies - 4 votes
Orion - The Hunter - 4 votes
The Bird-Serpent War / Cataclysm - 4 votes
On The Breath Of Poseidon - 4 votes

Promoted:
Smoke & Mirrors
Church Of The Machine
Through The Looking Glass

Back