SYMPHONY X SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> The Odyssey wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Cthulhu was cool, the Russell Allen cover song was cool, the rest of that album is as bland and forgettable as all modern IE.
Interesting, Cthulhu was one of my least favorites, but there were other songs I liked. The album at least felt like they were going somewhere with it sometimes.

Premonition, A Lesson Before Dying. Getting this album out of the way before I delve into The Damnation Game.

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
Premonition - 5 votes
Taunting The Notorious - 4 votes

Promoted:
Masquerade
Absinthe & Rue
A Lesson Before Dying

Taunting The Notorious lost the tiebreaker against A Lesson Before Dying, based on the average number of votes.
The Divine Wings Of Tragedy joins the game!

Toward the end of the DWOT title track and while this is a really good album, I think I can safely say that I prefer Damnation Game.

For me it comes down to the shorter songs. The epics on both albums are excellent, but I think songs like Whispers and Dressed To Kill outdo the likes of Pharaoh and Sea of Lies.

For me it comes down to the shorter songs. The epics on both albums are excellent, but I think songs like Whispers and Dressed To Kill outdo the likes of Pharaoh and Sea of Lies.

I love Sea of Lies, but I can't argue for Pharaoh. That song and Medusa keep Divine Wings of Tragedy from being a perfect album.

EDIT: But we'll see how I feel after this listen. :)

Sea of Lies is good but the vocals on the chorus really annoy me.

Don't get me wrong, I think both albums are awesome. Damnation Game only slightly edges out DWOT.

..So I'm really hoping the voting period does get extended here, seeing as there is only 10 hours left to vote, and not a single vote has been cast yet. I'm personally feeling pretty comfortable with Damnation, but I still need a bit of time to digest Divine Wings before I'll be ready to place my votes.

Of course it's gonna be extended, voting deadline is really just a placeholder :) I actually just decided what I'm voting for from The Damnation Game, currently listening to The Divine Wings Of Tragedy...

I probably won't vote against anything from Divine Wings, but there are still decisions to be made.

Back