Steve Harris

I had a great time at the British Lion show in Toronto in November 2018 with @harrisdevot, front and centre. I seem to be in the minority, but I actually enjoyed the debut album, and most of the songs were better live. The new material was mostly strong.

I'll see if I can do any of the shows in the US this year. I wish more of the shows were near the (Canadian) border - most of the weekend shows are pretty far south.

(Edit - since it's widely rumoured that Maiden will play in Europe in 2020, I'll have to figure out what's better - spending say $500 and 2 vacation days to see a British Lion show in the US, or $1,500 and taking a full week off to see a Maiden show in Europe).

Last edited:
I had a great time at the British Lion show in Toronto in November 2018 with @harrisdevot, front and centre. I seem to be in the minority, but I actually enjoyed the debut album, and most of the songs were better live. The new material was mostly strong.

I'll see if I can do any of the shows in the US this year. I wish more of the shows were near the (Canadian) border - most of the weekend shows are pretty far south.

(Edit - since it's widely rumoured that Maiden will play in Europe in 2020, I'll have to figure out what's better - spending say $500 and 2 vacation days to see a British Lion show in the US, or $1,500 and taking a full week off to see a Maiden show in Europe).

Or go to Australia:)

Do not want to derail the thread, but I am leaning towards NZ or Australia this year .. I have never been to either. Seeing British Lion because it is about a 40 minute drive from the house, I do not think I would do a road trip for them

Since album is out in January, UK tour in December, US in Jan/Feb and LOTB starts in May is it safe to assume some March/April dates in Europe could appear? Anybody heard some rumors?

Since album is out in January, UK tour in December, US in Jan/Feb and LOTB starts in May is it safe to assume some March/April dates in Europe could appear? Anybody heard some rumors?
I can't see that happen. BL never tour for a long period and Maiden do long rehearsals. And I pay good money to go to London, and I would be upset if they eventually play Paris :D.

That's pretty damn good....'cept the singer. Like I can hear he's clearly talented but either his voice, the music, the production...something just isn't working and he sounds bored, sleepy, distant, and just kinda off in the distance.

Back