Steve Harris

So Steve is playing dates with British Lion on Maiden off days again this Summer. It's cool he's able to do that. I know it's impossible but it would be awesome if Bruce could fit in a solo tour like that

So Steve is playing dates with British Lion on Maiden off days again this Summer. It's cool he's able to do that. I know it's impossible but it would be awesome if Bruce could fit in a solo tour like that
It would be cool, but I do not think it would be good for his voice. I really do hope he does a solo tour at some point. So many good songs that should be sung live from his albums

It would be cool, but I do not think it would be good for his voice. I really do hope he does a solo tour at some point. So many good songs that should be sung live from his albums
That's why I said impossible. He did say there would be a solo tour at some point, will see

The show in Tampere is in Pakkahuone, which holds 1200 people if sold out.
Man, it's going to be empty in there :rolleyes:
Seen some shows in there (Dirkschneider, Overkill etc) with less than a 100 people in...hoping they can switch to a smaller venue if/when it doesn't sell that well.

Dublin date clashes with the Dublin football derby, also I never heard of the venue:lol:

EDIT: I did hear of the venue, it's just a new name. Blaze played it on the Blood and Belief tour.

The show in Tampere is in Pakkahuone, which holds 1200 people if sold out.
Man, it's going to be empty in there :rolleyes:
Seen some shows in there (Dirkschneider, Overkill etc) with less than a 100 people in...hoping they can switch to a smaller venue if/when it doesn't sell that well.
Cvetličarna in Ljubljana is also around 1000 people...

Steve Harris: You know Spams, we're going on tour this summer.
Spambot: Yeah, I know, I already got a ticket.
SH: No, not Maiden. British Lion.
S: Who gives a hoot?!
SH: [silence]
S: Oh yeah, I mean, small clubs and such. Looks interesting. I'd go, but you know... finances... traveling...
SH: We're playing same places as Iron Maiden.
S: Oh, cool, cool. [silence] But you're not playing Ljubljana, right?
SH: We do.
S: Sheeeesh, but I bet it's through the week, Maiden is on Monday and I got Tuesday off, can't really see how I'm going to...
SH: It's on Saturday, before Maiden.
S: [scratches his head] But what am I going to do in Ljubljana on Sunday?
SH: Not my fu**ing problem. [leaves]

Had no idea Stray were still a band so that's some nice news. It's a crime they're having to support British Lion but still. :p

True, although it is nice of Steve to have chosen them as a support band.

Stray was the first band I went to see live after the pandemic restrictions had been lifted, playing second on the bill at a festival headlined by Martin Turner ex-Wishbone Ash in September 2021. This is what they played:

Time Machine
Jericho
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Percy the Pimp
After the Storm
I believe it
Houdini
All in Your Mind

Steve Harris: You know Spams, we're going on tour this summer.
Spambot: Yeah, I know, I already got a ticket.
SH: No, not Maiden. British Lion.
S: Who gives a hoot?!
SH: [silence]
S: Oh yeah, I mean, small clubs and such. Looks interesting. I'd go, but you know... finances... traveling...
SH: We're playing same places as Iron Maiden.
S: Oh, cool, cool. [silence] But you're not playing Ljubljana, right?
SH: We do.
S: Sheeeesh, but I bet it's through the week, Maiden is on Monday and I got Tuesday off, can't really see how I'm going to...
SH: It's on Saturday, before Maiden.
S: [scratches his head] But what am I going to do in Ljubljana on Sunday?
SH: Not my fu**ing problem. [leaves]
Maiden are playing on sunday, not monday.

Back