Short-answer questions

Has ‘Back in the Village’ ever been played live?
There are rumours that it was played early on the World Slavery Tour. Adrian was quoted once about the song being dropped after being played on a few occasions. There is no bootleg evidence to prove it has been played live.

(IT)
“Ero in piedi dietro Nicko McBrain durante una data del tour Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son: lo guardavo incantato mentre suonava. Ricordo che il pubblico chiese il bis di ‘Run To The Hills’ e lui mi diede le bacchette e mi invitò sul palco per suonarla. Salii le scale e Bruce Dickinson mi presentò al pubblico: iniziai a suonare ‘Run To The Hills’ di fronte a 20 mila persone, è stata una sensazione unica.“

(EN - transl. by me)
"I was attending a gig of the Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour behind Nicko McBrain, I was watching him and I was astonished as he was playing. I remember the crowd asking a 'Run to the Hills' encore, and Nicko gave me the sticks and invited me to play it on stage. I went up the stairs, Bruce Dickinson introduced me to the crowd. I started 'Run to the Hills' in front of 20 000 people, it was an unique feeling."

I couldn't find the English interview on the internet.
Never heard about this concert, and it sounds strange to me as Maiden rarely have or had guests on stage.
Anyone has any idea? Is it true? And if so, when did Lars play Run to the Hills on stage with Maiden? Or maybe he is mistaken and the actual Lars/Nicko thing which he is referring to is this?

(IT)
“Ero in piedi dietro Nicko McBrain durante una data del tour Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son: lo guardavo incantato mentre suonava. Ricordo che il pubblico chiese il bis di ‘Run To The Hills’ e lui mi diede le bacchette e mi invitò sul palco per suonarla. Salii le scale e Bruce Dickinson mi presentò al pubblico: iniziai a suonare ‘Run To The Hills’ di fronte a 20 mila persone, è stata una sensazione unica.“

(EN - transl. by me)
"I was attending a gig of the Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour behind Nicko McBrain, I was watching him and I was astonished as he was playing. I remember the crowd asking a 'Run to the Hills' encore, and Nicko gave me the sticks and invited me to play it on stage. I went up the stairs, Bruce Dickinson introduced me to the crowd. I started 'Run to the Hills' in front of 20 000 people, it was an unique feeling."

I couldn't find the English interview on the internet.
Never heard about this concert, and it sounds strange to me as Maiden rarely have or had guests on stage.
Anyone has any idea? Is it true? And if so, when did Lars play Run to the Hills on stage with Maiden? Or maybe he is mistaken and the actual Lars/Nicko thing which he is referring to is this?

It is true, he also played a little bit of 'Iron Maiden' all the info is in my book and also have the bootleg of the show.

^Wrong question, I realized, could have been written earlier, although I doubt it.
Rather,
When in 1978 did Maiden start rehearsing it?
Later than February and earlier than end of December, obviously, but more precisely?

^Wrong question, I realized, could have been written earlier, although I doubt it.
Rather,
When in 1978 did Maiden start rehearsing it?
Later than February and earlier than end of December, obviously, but more precisely?

The song was finished in the month of April 1978

Thanks a lot Luisma.
Does that mean Den rehearsed it too? Or was it after he left?

It seems the song was finished during the rehearsal period that took place right after he left the band and some sources point that even before Paul had entered.

Back