Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I just realised that I have virtually no memory of the TBOS show. I have a lot of memories of the gig and the surrounding circumstances, but none of the show itself.
Quite conversely all my fondest memories of Maiden live come from that tour!

The Book Of Senjutsu

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Stratego
3. Lost In A Lost World
4. The Time Machine
5. The Book Of Souls
6. Death Or Glory
7. The Red And The Black
8. The Parchment
9. Hell On Earth

:rocker:
The Book Of Senjutsu

If Eternity Should Fail
2.Stratego
3.The Red And The Black
4.Darkest Hour
5.Death Of The Celts

6.Death Or Glory
7.The Book Of Souls
8.Shadows Of The Valley
9.The Parchment
10.Hell On Earth

bonus songs: Speed Of Light, Empire Of The Clouds, Senjutsu and Days Of Future Past.

Senjutsu´s Soul

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Death Of The Celts
3. The Writing On The Wall
4. Darkest Hour
5. The Book Of Souls

6. Senjutsu
7. Stratego
8. The Parchment
9. Death Or Glory
10. Hell On Earth

If we take everything into account, the only albums without a song credited to Dave are Senjutsu and Powerslave -> Killers has ''Twilight Zone'', TNOTB has ''Total Eclipse'' and TXF has ''Justice Of The Peace''.

Last edited:
''Justice Of The Piece''.

1. Where Eagles Dare
2. Blackened
3. ... And Justice for Al
4. Revelations
5. Dyer's Eve
6. Still Life
7. The Trooper
8. One
9. Flight of Icarus
10. Harvester of Sorrow
11. To Tame a Land

Don't know why, but the Two Albums Combined seems to be a thing here now, so..!

Sorryyyyyy

(@Kalata you corrected it, but fortunately I was quick enough ;) )

Last edited:
If we take everything into account, the only albums without a song credited to Dave are Senjutsu and Powerslave -> Killers has ''Twilight Zone'', TNOTB has ''Total Eclipse'' and TXF has ''Justice Of The Peace''.

Neither of those songs were part of the original album releases in most territories ;)

Anyway, it seems that Davey has not been that creative lately.

It has finally been long enough that I was able to cancel my original order of the album and get it fully refunded.

I have gone running back to Amazon with my tail between my legs and should have it delivered tomorrow.

Sorry if this has already been posted:
"Senjutsu":
Solo 1 (2:23 - 2:40): ADRIAN (Adrian is using a slide for the first part of this solo)
Solo 2 (2:40 - 2:56): DAVE
Solo 3 (5:20 - 5:36): JANICK
Solo 4 (7:19 - 8:06): ADRIAN

"Stratego":
Solo 1 (3:15 - 3:43): JANICK
"The Writing On The Wall":
Solo 1 (3:43 - 4:05): DAVE
Solo 2 (4:24 - 5:09): ADRIAN
Solo 3 (5:17 - 5:58): JANICK (behind the final chorus)

"Lost In A Lost World":
Solo 1 (6:14 - 6:34): DAVE
Solo 2 (6:34 - 6:55): ADRIAN
"Days Of Future Past":
Solo 1 (2:10 - 2:31): ADRIAN

"The Time Machine":
Solo 1 (4:36 - 4:53): ADRIAN
Solo 2 (4:53 - 5:08): DAVE
Solo 3 (5:08 - 5:24): JANICK

"Darkest Hour":
Solo 1 (4:12 - 5:01): ADRIAN
Solo 2 (5:01 - 5:30): DAVE
Solo 3 (5:39 - 6:25): JANICK (behind the final chorus)

"Death Of The Celts":
Solo 1 (4:18 - 4:43): ADRIAN
Solo 2 (6:54 - 7:22): JANICK
Solo 3 (7:22 - 7:36): DAVE
Solo 4 (7:36 - 7:49): ADRIAN

"The Parchment":
Solo 1 (3:18 - 3:31): JANICK
Solo 2 (5:02 - 5:48): DAVE
Solo 3 (5:48 - 6:00): JANICK
Solo 4 (6:14 - 6:44): ADRIAN
Solo 5 (10:30 - 11:05): JANICK
Solo 6 (11:05 - 11:23): ADRIAN
Sur le Solo 2 sûrement un échange entre Dave, et Adrian à partir de 5:25.

"Hell On Earth":
Solo 1 (5:54 - 6:10): DAVE
Solo 2 (6:10 - 6:25): ADRIAN
Solo 3 (8:21 - 8:43): JANICK
Janick doesn't play solo at TWOTW and Darkest Hour. Adrian plays both. In fact Janick recorded solos to both songs, but Caveman delete it.

Yeah, I'll be honest, even my dad immediately recognized who did the outro solo in Darkest Hour. "That's Gers" was the exact quote when he first heard the track in the car. Even if we didn't have Shirley's tracking chart, there'd still be no question about it.

I think some people who doesn't play an instrument themselves might have difficulties in distinguishing different guitar styles and sounds overall. It's easier if you ear is trained a little bit.

This lead melody part in Hell on Earth is played by Dave though:

But a lot of people think it's played by Janick, propably because Steve always gave him such parts, that are following the lead vocals, in the past.

Last edited:
I think some people who doesn't play an instrument themselves might have difficulties in distinguishing different guitar styles and sounds overall. It's easier if you ear is trained a little bit.
Exactly this. I can't tell you who played any specific part in the entire discography unless I've read it somewhere here.

I don't play the guitar. I know a fair bit of playing theory from just being curious but my ability to distinguish each of the three amigos comes solely from listening to them play a lot. Eventually you just sort of "get" how they sound and how they play intuitively. I wouldn't say my ears are perfect but like, Janick's soloing style for example is honestly nearly impossible to mistake to anyone else. His sound is very different too.

Back