Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Trevoire

Educated Fool
Just want to say to folks here seen as the Studio Album 17 Rumours and Speculation thread is locked.

Thanks for everyone who contributed, found little clues, snippets of information etc. I read updates to that thread almost daily for about 2 years, and the last few weeks of the Belshazzar's Feast campaign in particular was a hell of a ride! Such an exciting time. Made even better by the new album being so strong that its actually lived up to the hype generated!

Now we just have to wait for the album 18 thread! Probably a few years away still of course. But I look forward to it!

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
The length of the songs from Kevin Shirley's diary:

Senjutsu (''The Great Wall'') - 8:18 (8:20 in the final version).
Stratego - 5:02 (4:59 in the final version). Also, a second solo from Adrian was planned for this song.
TWOTW (''The Writing'') - 5:50 (6:13 in the final version)... probably without the acoustic intro.
LIALW - 9:36 (9:31 in the final version).
DOFP - 4:09 (4:03 in the final version).
The Time Machine - 6:53 (7:09 in the final version)... probably the outro was shorter.

Darkest Hour (''The Darkest Hour) - 6:37 (7:20 in the final version)... probably without the long seagulls/waves outro.
DOTC - 10:16 (10:20 in the final version).
The Parchment (''Parchment'') - 12:40 (12:39 in the final version).
Hell On Earth - 11:24 (11:19 in the final version).

Josh

Ancient Mariner
Now we just have to wait for the album 18 thread! Probably a few years away still of course. But I look forward to it!

I wouldn't hold my hopes for that. Senjutsu feels like a swan song type of album. I could be wrong of course.

Iron Lurker

Ancient Mariner
I wouldn't hold my hopes for that. Senjutsu feels like a swan song type of album. I could be wrong of course.
Could be. Hell on Earth is, what, only the third Maiden song to fade out? One could say that is foretelling. I actually do think Senjutsu will not be the last. Time will tell....

Trevoire

Educated Fool
Bruce mentioned in a recent interview that during the pandemic they had gone as far as booking a studio to do another album, and only decided against going ahead because of the logistical problems of getting everyone there and being effectively prisoners in the studio/hotel for months.

Last edited:

srfc

Ancient Mariner
Bruce mentioned in a recent interview that during the pandemic they had gone as far as booking a studio to do another album, and only decided against going ahead because of he logistical problems of getting everyone there and being effectively prisoners in the studuo/hotel for months.

I'm also suspicious of why British Lion are not supporting the Darkness in Jan/Feb when Maiden are unlikely to be touring in those months and Steve usually squeezes BL in when he can. Most likely wishful thinking on my behalf.

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
I'm also suspicious of why British Lion are not supporting the Darkness in Jan/Feb when Maiden are unlikely to be touring in those months and Steve usually squeezes BL in when he can. Most likely wishful thinking on my behalf.

There are different scenarios that could explain British Lion not supporting The Darkness during January/February, including the other band members possibly having day jobs or the consequences of Brexit making it much more difficult for British musicians to tour in the continent. The latter would also have posed problems for The Darkness, but they might have more support dealing with those issues than British Lion, which are basically funded by Steve.

Last edited:

TheMercenary

Ancient Mariner
Bruce mentioned in a recent interview that during the pandemic they had gone as far as booking a studio to do another album, and only decided against going ahead because of the logistical problems of getting everyone there and being effectively prisoners in the studio/hotel for months.
Exactly. That's why 'Senjutsu' is not the last one and the next album will be out in 2024 or 2025. There are still 4 long years to wait... o_O

Patrick92

Educated Fool
There is no way this is the last album. Senjutstu is doing to well, they dont want to become a legacy band and so on. They will make another album unless something drastic happens. Fall 2024 sounds like a good guess

RK800

Invader
Maybe they will release the Extended Cut....
Maybe there will be a music video with a Snyder Cut, 4 hours long, in 4:3 aspect ratio and every time Eddie shows up, some crazy lady in the soundtrack starts yelling.
I need that extra second of The Parchment reinstated
I need that extra 5 seconds of the Hell on Earth outro.

I hope Bruce does with that outro live what he did with The Great Unknown live, where he'd try to get the crowd going for as long as he could before abruptly singing the last line. That was hilarious. At at least two of the shows I saw in 2017 I heard a few "Oh come on!"s when he sang the final line. Good old Bruce trolling!

Perun

Περούν Παντοκράτωρ
Staff member
Maybe there will be a music video with a Snyder Cut, 4 hours long, in 4:3 aspect ratio and every time Eddie shows up, some crazy lady in the soundtrack starts yelling.

I hope Bruce does with that outro live what he did with The Great Unknown live, where he'd try to get the crowd going for as long as he could before abruptly singing the last line. That was hilarious. At at least two of the shows I saw in 2017 I heard a few "Oh come on!"s when he sang the final line. Good old Bruce trolling!

I just realised that I have virtually no memory of the TBOS show. I have a lot of memories of the gig and the surrounding circumstances, but none of the show itself.

srfc

Ancient Mariner

Yeah that was pretty cool, it started out as a short jam and kept getting gradually longer and longer. Reminded me a bit of the improvisation in the middle of sanctuary back in the day, when he kept the band on their toes with the "so gimme Sanctuary" cue coming out of the blue.