Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Now we just have to wait for the album 18 thread! Probably a few years away still of course. But I look forward to it!

I wouldn't hold my hopes for that. Senjutsu feels like a swan song type of album. I could be wrong of course.

I wouldn't hold my hopes for that. Senjutsu feels like a swan song type of album. I could be wrong of course.
Could be. Hell on Earth is, what, only the third Maiden song to fade out? One could say that is foretelling. I actually do think Senjutsu will not be the last. Time will tell....

Bruce mentioned in a recent interview that during the pandemic they had gone as far as booking a studio to do another album, and only decided against going ahead because of the logistical problems of getting everyone there and being effectively prisoners in the studio/hotel for months.

Last edited:
Bruce mentioned in a recent interview that during the pandemic they had gone as far as booking a studio to do another album, and only decided against going ahead because of he logistical problems of getting everyone there and being effectively prisoners in the studuo/hotel for months.

I'm also suspicious of why British Lion are not supporting the Darkness in Jan/Feb when Maiden are unlikely to be touring in those months and Steve usually squeezes BL in when he can. Most likely wishful thinking on my behalf.

I'm also suspicious of why British Lion are not supporting the Darkness in Jan/Feb when Maiden are unlikely to be touring in those months and Steve usually squeezes BL in when he can. Most likely wishful thinking on my behalf.

There are different scenarios that could explain British Lion not supporting The Darkness during January/February, including the other band members possibly having day jobs or the consequences of Brexit making it much more difficult for British musicians to tour in the continent. The latter would also have posed problems for The Darkness, but they might have more support dealing with those issues than British Lion, which are basically funded by Steve.

Last edited:
Bruce mentioned in a recent interview that during the pandemic they had gone as far as booking a studio to do another album, and only decided against going ahead because of the logistical problems of getting everyone there and being effectively prisoners in the studio/hotel for months.
Exactly. That's why 'Senjutsu' is not the last one and the next album will be out in 2024 or 2025. There are still 4 long years to wait... o_O

There is no way this is the last album. Senjutstu is doing to well, they dont want to become a legacy band and so on. They will make another album unless something drastic happens. Fall 2024 sounds like a good guess

Maybe they will release the Extended Cut....
Maybe there will be a music video with a Snyder Cut, 4 hours long, in 4:3 aspect ratio and every time Eddie shows up, some crazy lady in the soundtrack starts yelling.
I need that extra second of The Parchment reinstated
I need that extra 5 seconds of the Hell on Earth outro.

I hope Bruce does with that outro live what he did with The Great Unknown live, where he'd try to get the crowd going for as long as he could before abruptly singing the last line. That was hilarious. At at least two of the shows I saw in 2017 I heard a few "Oh come on!"s when he sang the final line. Good old Bruce trolling!

Maybe there will be a music video with a Snyder Cut, 4 hours long, in 4:3 aspect ratio and every time Eddie shows up, some crazy lady in the soundtrack starts yelling.

I hope Bruce does with that outro live what he did with The Great Unknown live, where he'd try to get the crowd going for as long as he could before abruptly singing the last line. That was hilarious. At at least two of the shows I saw in 2017 I heard a few "Oh come on!"s when he sang the final line. Good old Bruce trolling!

I just realised that I have virtually no memory of the TBOS show. I have a lot of memories of the gig and the surrounding circumstances, but none of the show itself.

Yeah that was pretty cool, it started out as a short jam and kept getting gradually longer and longer. Reminded me a bit of the improvisation in the middle of sanctuary back in the day, when he kept the band on their toes with the "so gimme Sanctuary" cue coming out of the blue.

Literally word for word what I've been saying about celts on various forums..its worse than angel gambler for me..this is where harris becomes a major problem and dare I say the weak link..shouldn't be penning songs on his own.. the rest of the album is top class even if its a bit bloated
In all honesty, if you think Steve is the weak link you probably shouldnt listen to Maiden? Fool.

Sorry if this has already been posted:
"Senjutsu":
Solo 1 (2:23 - 2:40): ADRIAN (Adrian is using a slide for the first part of this solo)
Solo 2 (2:40 - 2:56): DAVE
Solo 3 (5:20 - 5:36): JANICK
Solo 4 (7:19 - 8:06): ADRIAN

"Stratego":
Solo 1 (3:15 - 3:43): JANICK
"The Writing On The Wall":
Solo 1 (3:43 - 4:05): DAVE
Solo 2 (4:24 - 5:09): ADRIAN
Solo 3 (5:17 - 5:58): JANICK (behind the final chorus)

"Lost In A Lost World":
Solo 1 (6:14 - 6:34): DAVE
Solo 2 (6:34 - 6:55): ADRIAN
"Days Of Future Past":
Solo 1 (2:10 - 2:31): ADRIAN

"The Time Machine":
Solo 1 (4:36 - 4:53): ADRIAN
Solo 2 (4:53 - 5:08): DAVE
Solo 3 (5:08 - 5:24): JANICK

"Darkest Hour":
Solo 1 (4:12 - 5:01): ADRIAN
Solo 2 (5:01 - 5:30): DAVE
Solo 3 (5:39 - 6:25): JANICK (behind the final chorus)

"Death Of The Celts":
Solo 1 (4:18 - 4:43): ADRIAN
Solo 2 (6:54 - 7:22): JANICK
Solo 3 (7:22 - 7:36): DAVE
Solo 4 (7:36 - 7:49): ADRIAN

"The Parchment":
Solo 1 (3:18 - 3:31): JANICK
Solo 2 (5:02 - 5:48): DAVE
Solo 3 (5:48 - 6:00): JANICK
Solo 4 (6:14 - 6:44): ADRIAN
Solo 5 (10:30 - 11:05): JANICK
Solo 6 (11:05 - 11:23): ADRIAN
Sur le Solo 2 sûrement un échange entre Dave, et Adrian à partir de 5:25.

"Hell On Earth":
Solo 1 (5:54 - 6:10): DAVE
Solo 2 (6:10 - 6:25): ADRIAN
Solo 3 (8:21 - 8:43): JANICK

Last edited:
Back