Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Goin by the chat on this page Im not sure im in the right thread but I'll say it anyway.
I haven't listened to Maiden for about 10 days. My experience of Senjustu was a disappointing one. Id had 5 or 6 full listens and some cherry picking of various songs at different times.
Then, today, I sensed something rush me through the trees (literally, it was raining and I was in a bush). It was an overwhelming sense of "Senjustu." I wanted it, nay, I needed it. So I played it through on my headphones as the rain poured down and squirrels twisted and turned across the boughs and magpies foraged in the grass. After 82 minutes I had made my decision; Senjustu is fuckin brilliant. I don't oft go in for indepth analysis or reviews, I just go with my overall feeling for a thing and that is what I currently feel about Maidens new album; its fuckin brilliant. Faith has been restored, all is well.
I have a birthday, I share it with someone out of UB40, I think. And the release date of TWOTW. And the release year of Maidens best work to date, Piece of Mind. Thank you.

The only band during whose gig I ever fell asleep.

Dream Theatre for me.

To give them the benefit of the doubt, it was after a night of heavy drinking and travelling all day so may not entirely have been all their fault.

Back