Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
Bruce: ''You have actually walked into a prog-rock album from 1973. Lots of the vocals on this album are a lot more varied, I'm using a lot more of my range. We’ve got all the top-end squeaky bits, yeah, but there’s a lot more of using my lower register, almost whispered in places and stuff. And surprisingly, a lot of that came from Steve, not from me. You expect that from the vocalist, but a lot of that came from Steve. All those Moody Blues things and those layered vocals, that's all Steve, that's all his vision.
I should add that whilst there are four tracks that are 10-minutes-plus, which is all fine, but there are some other tracks on there that are really nice and compact. Senjutsu, the opening track, even though I think it’s eight minutes or something, it doesn’t feel like eight minutes, it’s so much on it.''

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
Back on topic: did Senjutsu really need to be a double CD? I have recently purchased a Van der Graaf Generator box set and one of the CDs contains nearly 83 minutes of music!

Spaldy

Ancient Mariner
Back on topic: did Senjutsu really need to be a double CD? I have recently purchased a Van der Graaf Generator box set and one of the CDs contains nearly 83 minutes of music!
CDs can exceed 79 minutes but it's not recommended. It causes problems with some players, skipping etc.