Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

One song was very similar to Hooks in You, deff written by Smith, I assumed it might be Days of Future Past, since song snippets did not have song names (as the start of shadows of the walley reminds of wasted years, so does this song of hooks in you)
Other two I can not remember a single deatail
Are you sure it was Maiden? Btw, I would love a song like Hooks in You, with that dynamism, sorely missing from recent albums, as a contrast at least.

There's a lot of "leaks" on youtube since announcment day) Mostly of Icon Of Sin with "japanese bonusus" like Virus and Judjement Of Heaven with Bruce on vox)

I think you're mixing up different things based on the same SI unit

Also the sampling rate is tied to various clocks in the system. Therefore it's a combination of utilizing 1) enough information space for the copy per Nyquist 2) padding for error corrections, retention of sloping 3) any additional information encoder can put there 4) play nicely with the system clock

I've used 192kHz on DAW before, it has its merits. If you're interested you can always search for the relevant information on the net.
Yes Im aware of the theorem. According to wikipedia the maximum hearing range achieved in ideal lab conditions was 28khz although your hearing range reduces dramatically as you grow up so considering we take 2 samples per cycle 48khz is more than enough. Regarding to system clocks, commomly used sample rates are either multiple of 44.1khz (88.2khz,etc) or 48khz(96khz etc) so they divide perfectly too.

Not a positive review. Does anyone know how he rated Book of Souls?

He had it on his top 20 for that year

He had it on his top 20 for that year
Ranking it after the likes of Stryper . Surely a great maiden fan.

Well, I shall not pass final judgement before actually hearing the album of course, but judging from that review I'm getting the feeling that this will be just another wasted opportunity like the other "reunion" albums... Moments of greatness I'm sure, but overall more annoying because it has potential to be so much more. That's pretty much my opinion on everything from BNW onwards. Fuck, I need to be wrong. My life needs another perfect Maiden album, it's been too damn long.

Even from that review, it seems like the 2nd half of the album is very special.

This guy doesn't seem like a fan of longer stuff but whatever... The review isn't exactly negative.

I would definately say this is a positive review. The criticism mostly resembles what people on this forum sometimes criticize Maiden (well Steve) for, like repetition and length. The fact that he misspelled Senjutsu throughout the whole thing is only telling he's just a mortal reviewer and fan of heavy metal music, not a complete Maiden dork like us. The review was short, but balanced.

New here, glad to hear your opinions. Long time Maiden fan, as far as I am concerned I will always follow them.

Now, for the nea album... Not much to anticipate... in my opinion the reunion albums suffer from 5 things:

1) Bruce's voice, which sounds strained and at times out of key. Why he has to prove himself all the time is a mystery to me. He sounds a lot better on his solo albums.
2) The productions. Dry and annoying (to my ears). They release a live album after a studio one, why do they want to sound live in studio?
3) Nicko's playing. It seems he just plays just for the sake of it. The same fills, no imagination and bad sounding kit.
4) Janick's sound. Yes, we already know it from the 90s but the reunion albums suffer a lot from that muddy almost like a super cheap guitar sound.
5) Steve's contribution. His stubbornness to create prog numbers is beyond me. First of all, they are not proggy, they are just long songs. Good ideas that have potential to be great songs but ruined in the process.

Good review. Come on guys, we all knew that there was no way Steve's songs were gonna be all good. I mean we need to get real. All of his longer songs are....well....unnecessarily long. How the hell (on earth) was he supposed to change that so late into his career??

New here, glad to hear your opinions. Long time Maiden fan, as far as I am concerned I will always follow them.

Now, for the nea album... Not much to anticipate... in my opinion the reunion albums suffer from 5 things:

1) Bruce's voice, which sounds strained and at times out of key. Why he has to prove himself all the time is a mystery to me. He sounds a lot better on his solo albums.
2) The productions. Dry and annoying (to my ears). They release a live album after a studio one, why do they want to sound live in studio?
3) Nicko's playing. It seems he just plays just for the sake of it. The same fills, no imagination and bad sounding kit.
4) Janick's sound. Yes, we already know it from the 90s but the reunion albums suffer a lot from that muddy almost like a super cheap guitar sound.
5) Steve's contribution. His stubbornness to create prog numbers is beyond me. First of all, they are not proggy, they are just long songs. Good ideas that have potential to be great songs but ruined in the process.
I think we are going to be great mates!

I believe it’s a pretty fair review from a person that’s not a die hard fan. The length and repetition is something that deserves a bit of criticism and the very fair point that Kev or someone else steps in and “directs” Steve is something I’ve been asking for a long time. However, if Steve wants it his way, that’s what we get.
I personally like the build ups and the length, repetition on the other hand, I can do without.

Back