Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I laughed when Steve said we put ourselves in a bit of a time pressure. Sure Steve, 6 years certainly seems like a tight schedule.

Kevin Shirley's reaction to the album got me most excited. Dynamite album coming up!
It was recorded in a short break in 2019 before the LoTB tour recommenced

I know. I am just amused by this completely self imposed pressure these guys put on themselves.
Yeah fair enough. I'm sure they all come into the studio with ideas but nothing is fully fleshed out until they get there. Seems to be their default way of working in the studio.

I know that there's an error there, but... That's the scheduled delivery day for my preorder :facepalm: What's the point of ordering an item in advance, to have it a week after release date?
This sucks big time mate. I never pre-order anything anymore for this exact reason. Streaming would do for a cople of days I guess!

The date is obviously a typo.

I'm really curious what these "different for Maiden" kind of songs are going to be. I can't imagine The Writing on the Wall falling into that bucket as it's not super atypical Maiden, so what do we think? The only thing I could think of was maybe incorporating more soundtrack elements to go along with the Japanese vibe.

But then again, different may be - "hey we used a different chord this time!" ha.

Yeah fair enough. I'm sure they all come into the studio with ideas but nothing is fully fleshed out until they get there. Seems to be their default way of working in the studio.
This has been the longest wait and almost excruciating at times with the lack of new information. So to hear Steve talk about time pressure and how quickly they had to get it done seemed a bit ironic from a fan perspective.

I almost felt like that scientist who stays behind in the spaceship in the Interstellar movie while the others land on the tidal wave planet next to the black hole. What is weeks for Maiden is years and years for us fans.

I really wish there was more info about their writing / recording process. Whenever I listen to PoM I just think of them at that hotel during the off season with the waves and the storms and the isolation (romantic I know) but I really like that stuff.
Very excited for the new album, I love that Bruce is drawing the distinction between it and BoS!!

The date is obviously a typo.

I'm really curious what these "different for Maiden" kind of songs are going to be. I can't imagine The Writing on the Wall falling into that bucket as it's not super atypical Maiden, so what do we think? The only thing I could think of was maybe incorporating more soundtrack elements to go along with the Japanese vibe.

But then again, different may be - "hey we used a different chord this time!" ha.
I think either Days of Future Past or Darkest Hour is going to sound like something out of Chemical Wedding. Maiden-fied, obviously.

I am really excited. But then again what did we expect? Bruce saying that this is not as good as he expected? haha

This has been the longest wait and almost excruciating at times with the lack of new information. So to hear Steve talk about time pressure and how quickly they had to get it done seemed a bit ironic from a fan perspective.

I almost felt like that scientist who stays behind in the spaceship in the Interstellar movie while the others land on the tidal wave planet next to the black hole. What is weeks for Maiden is years and years for us fans.
The pressure is from the limited time they gave themselves in the studio to record. But I get the irony

Yeah, it's not like they've spent 6 years toiling over new songs. For better or worse, they've always (at least since the mid-ish 80s) done the "so what do we have ready" kind of thing.

Just Posted:
Bruce said it's a better album than TBOS. Kevin said that it's the best album (''dynamite'') they've made together... also it's the hardest album he has ever made (the songs are very challenging).

Excitement level: infinity :bigsmile:

We can spot Janick's guitars and Steve's two basses (the acoustic bass - great) in the video. Hope there will be ''a making of'' documentary, especially if the album turns out to be a modern classic.

Back