Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

If I'm not mistaken, this is the most about of solo Steve songs on a Maiden album since The X Factor.

I must say, I'm really intrigued by what he brought to the table here. As much as the Harris solo penned songs on the last few albums have been amazing to good, they are all fairly similar melodically. 4 solo songs here means that he HAS to have broken out of that mold a little bit.

Man, I'm still buzzing from this announcement, what a day!

Apart from the 4 Harris epics, the song which I look forward the most is ''The Time Machine'' (Gers, Harris) - great title.

The title track is curious too. Pretty long song from the Smith/Harris combo.

The short song ''Days Of Future Past'' (Smith/Dickinson) should be great.

Reactions: jcv
If I'm not mistaken, this is the most about of solo Steve songs on a Maiden album since The X Factor.

I must say, I'm really intrigued by what he brought to the table here. As much as the Harris solo penned songs on the last few albums have been amazing to good, they are all fairly similar melodically. 4 solo songs here means that he HAS to have broken out of that mold a little bit.

Man, I'm still buzzing from this announcement, what a day!
Have to agree with this. Want to see something amazing! A reworking of Blood on the World's Hands would be right up my street :)

I just want to say that I'm happy. Maybe they have one more album in them. Maybe five. Either way - I'm happy that in 2021 we will get new Maiden album after all this shit related to pandemic.
I'm glad we are on this side of the 2019 album recording rumours, when we didn't know the pandemic would delay the album by several years. Can't believe it's been six years since new Maiden. :angel:

Back