Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Anyone know why they have to slip this across 3 records and 6 sides of vinyl? It could easily be a double album with sides lasting 19:32, 20:33, 17:40 and 23:58

Don't they realize getting up to flip the vinyl is hard on the old-timer's knees?
Because they're old-timers and to them, album length means vinyl length, not CD length.

Anyone know why they have to slip this across 3 records and 6 sides of vinyl? It could easily be a double album with sides lasting 19:32, 20:33, 17:40 and 23:58

Don't they realize getting up to flip the vinyl is hard on the old-timer's knees?
Sound quality. Helloween released a 3 LP version as well as a 2 LP version for presumably that reason.

Days of Future Passed could either be the albums only short rocker or some sort of interlude into The Time Machine. Perhaps with an orchestra to really pay homage to the album by The Moody Blues by the same name. I could definitely see Dickinson do something prog/orchestral like that.

Cover is excellent, 2nd brilliant cover in a row
Yep. This Samurai Eddie will look brutally good live on stage - both walk-on and big Eddie.

And if the booklet contains more artworks with him... this means more material for the backdrops. :clap:

Reactions: jcv

The optimum running time for vinyl I think is somewhere in the region of 17 mins per side of a 12 inch, so anything longer than that means quality is sacrificed.

I wonder if we will get another single (in August)... maybe ''Stratego'' (sounds kinda strange) or ''Days Of Future Past'', as the only short rockers in the album.

Reactions: jcv
Samurai Jack: The Soundtrack as presented by Iron Maiden!

Bring it on!

A bit surprised by the title. The media build up made me think it would be related to Belshazzar's Feast and be something biblical. Was the video all there was to all of that?

It seems so. I guess they gave the reigns to Bruce on that one and let him have some fun promoting one of his songs on the album.

Back