Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

if you can somehow get that Rocks-magazine, I would like to have little translation of the reviews.

If either of you can somehow get that Rocks-magazine, I would like to have little translation of the reviews.
I'll try my best, but I guess Perun is better off getting it in Berlin than me in a small city :)

I have a feeling that this is going to be one of Maiden's best albums.

Me too and also it's really amazing as this is after all 17th album of their lenghty career.
Who would have known or predicted that even in 2021 Iron Maiden would still be doing this.
Not gonna mention other bands and such, but for me personally this is the most important and interesting release of 2021.
Some other have appeared in my life, some longer, some left earlier..but Maiden has always been strong with me.
I can hardly wait for the day, when the new album is on my player and I might even take cold one. Trooper Sun And Steel - sake. Fitting for the occasion.

Last edited:
The good sign is that these reviews are not super optimistic. They're just saying that songs are good and interesting. I will not call this album a masterpiece just because review is good but this sound like something that I may enjoy much more than the last albums

In retrospect, TBOS was over-hyped by the press IMO. No way is that a 10/10 album in my book.
Seems like this one is a grower and growers are great because they take time to understand and digest. From what I read so far, Senjutsu will suit my taste far better than TBOS.
And to get four Harris epics on the same album? That’s like four albums worth of epics in one sitting :)

The Parchment
"Considering how damn dark this song is, perhaps Herod’s order to kill all boys under the age of two in the vicinity of Bethlehem (known as the Massacre of the Innocents) is the subject here, as he sought to rid the world of the baby prophet Jesus."

To me, lyrically this song is Maiden's Creeping Death :eek:

Hell on Earth
"A glorious, glorious ending that carries off into the distance, just out of sight on the setting sun and the darkening horizon."

So it will have as great-glorious instrumental section, as TRATB? :D

Aren't you over hyped? At least for me I see these reviews from big magazines as been written in the Maiden's Office and sent to selected journalists to excite people to preorder IM material. Book of Souls 10/10? Nah!

Last edited:
Of course I have my expectations on Senjutsu, but for good and bad. Another intro like The Talisman doesn't sounds good to me.

Last edited:
"Bruce’s folky, storytelling cadence flows right into the crashing distortion as tension builds… and builds, and builds. Steve likes writing a lot of lyrics, what can we say?"

I don't like this part. Please, no struggling Bruce.

Back