Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I will only listen to the leak if I am still in lockdown and can’t get to the store to buy it.
Yeah fair point. I didn't consider that.

As a bit of an audiophile, I'm happy to wait till the 3rd as chances are the leak will be some low bitrate mp3 copy and I want to wait till I've got it in CD/Vinyl quality.

Yeah fair point. I didn't consider that.

As a bit of an audiophile, I'm happy to wait till the 3rd as chances are the leak will be some low bitrate mp3 copy and I want to wait till I've got it in CD/Vinyl quality.
Speaking of low bitrate and sound issues, there is not one single Maiden release when after someone listens to a leaked version: "hey, the sound is sh..t, this is probably just a low quality release" or "this is a raw mix version, the album version will be much better" (!) then the album is released and everyone like: "WTF?!" LOL

Well, the vinyl can sometimes be a definite upgrade. The technical limitations of the format doesn't allow for as much compression as a CD/digital , so they get a separate mastering (other factors apply as well). TBOS vinyl as well as Priest's Firepower sounds better for sure than their squashed CD counterparts.

I've moved onto vinyl and "rip" them just for this very reason.

Well, the vinyl can sometimes be a definite upgrade. The technical limitations of the format doesn't allow for as much compression as a CD/digital , so they get a separate mastering (other factors apply as well). TBOS vinyl as well as Priest's Firepower sounds better for sure than their squashed CD counterparts.

I've moved onto vinyl and "rip" them just for this very reason.
I buy both formats but Vinyl is expensive and less convenient so sometimes I will opt for CD. I've not noticed as much compression in recent years compared to the loudness wars of the mid 00's. With the majority listening on streaming services which can auto-level your volume, artists are less fussed about having the loudest album in the jukebox and more dynamic range seems to be coming back in today's masters.

Also, your cat looks identical to mine.

Screenshot_20210806-100703_Facebook.jpg

I buy both formats but Vinyl is expensive and less convenient so sometimes I will opt for CD. I've not noticed as much compression in recent years compared to the loudness wars of the mid 00's. With the majority listening on streaming services which can auto-level your volume, artists are less fussed about having the loudest album in the jukebox and more dynamic range seems to be coming back in today's masters.

Also, your cat looks identical to mine.

View attachment 16259
That's an amazing cat!

Yes, there is less incentive for squashing, but I'm yet to see or hear the results, even though I'm not questioning that there has been some improvements. Firepower is substantially less compressed on the vinyl. Far less multiband compression as well as conventional compression and limiting. Same goes for TBOS and the Legacy live album. I'm expecting the same of Senjutsu.

Look at what his pre-hype does to me...

Re-joined Maiden FC after... several years. Ordered a couple of new t-shirts (as if I didn't have a lot of them already). I also ordered The Final Frontier vinyl from a record store, as it's one of the few studio albums I still don't have in that format.

What else...

Oh, indeed. I obviously pre-ordered Senjutsu a while ago.

Deluxe 2CD Book Format
Really liked TBOS & TBOS: Live Chapter in this format. While Senjutsu doesn't lend itself to the book format quite as literally as it's predecessors did, it seems cool enough nonetheless.

Deluxe heavyweight 180G Triple Black Vinyl
Naturally. I like to listen to vinyl every now and then and as often mentioned, it was the vinyl version of TBOS that sounded the best, so we'll see how this one does. I'm very happy that this format has made a huge comeback, even though it makes the publishers test waters with relatively high price tags. But it is what it is etc.

Also, made me feel... kinda good to spend money on these things instead of gambling. I've had... huge problems with it recently, so while this stuff isn't exactly cheap or necessary either, it's actually something that makes me happy in the end and brings a lot of long-term, even everlasting joy to me. Much better this way. I'm excited.

Roll of the dice
Take a spin of the wheel
Out of your hands now
So how do you feel?
But you're not gonna win
You'd better go back again

Speaking of low bitrate and sound issues, there is not one single Maiden release when after someone listens to a leaked version: "hey, the sound is sh..t, this is probably just a low quality release" or "this is a raw mix version, the album version will be much better" (!) then the album is released and everyone like: "WTF?!" LOL
That literally happened on this forum with the El Dorado single.

Does anyone know if the FC mag is likely to have some decent content about the new album? I've never been a member during an album release.

I hope this fucking dont leak. And im hoping for no new single. The wait is amazing and shouldent be spoiled. Enyoy life and be patient
Indeed, it's part of the pleasure. We've been given the info (songs length and names of composers) which allow us to try and figure out what the songs will sound like. That's OK for me, and I want the excitment to slowly rise, without any leak.

I doubt hearing a few songs a week or several days earlier than the initial release is going to make one's life any better. I hope they won't leak, too extensively anyway.

Reactions: Yax
Indeed, it's part of the pleasure. We've been given the info (songs length and names of composers) which allow us to try and figure out what the songs will sound like. That's OK for me, and I want the excitment to slowly rise, without any leak.
Yeah I totaly agree. The last album came six years ago, and we dont know if there will be another. So I really wanna enyoy this time, this album and everything. And I mean its less then a month left, time goes so quickly. I wish some people would calm down

Steve has written 7 out of the 10 songs in Senjutsu (for TBOS were also 7)...

The only albums with more songwriting credits from him are: TFF, AMOLAD, BNW (all songs), DOD (10/11), TXF (10/11) and Killers.

And there's nothing wrong about that but we shouldn't be dismissive about that. Standards has changed.
It's likely someone in the Maiden camp has suggested new ways and Rod and the boys say "nope, we're good" and stick to what they've done.

Last edited:
Back