Sabaton

I nearly had a stroke, but it's only Sunden, who I don't care about. He can go fuck himself.

Swedish, English, doesn't matter what language it's in, it's one of the worst songs Sabaton has ever released.
I think the lyrical and thematical context is of utmost importance here. I do agree though, it does not work nearly as well in English.

I think the lyrical and thematical context is of utmost importance here. I do agree though, it does not work nearly as well in English.
Yeah, at least in Swedish it's something interesting, and I love the way the language sounds so that's a plus. But I think that "Livgardet" is a good idea on paper that just doesn't sound that great to me. It's emblematic of Sabaton's current lack of pushing themselves and quite honestly I would take the majority of Metalizer over this new song. I may be completely alone in this opinion, by the way, and I can understand those who do like it for musical and lyrical reasons but it's not for me.

It’s pretty good, sounds a lot like a track from Coat of Arms.

Interesting to note that this is actually a cover song, as Radio Tapok wrote this it as «Битва за Москву» purposely in a Sabaton style. Here’s the original.

Sabaton tightened up the song a ton, which is great. I think I prefer RT’s vocals though, same with his cover of “Attack of the Dead Men”.

Dont know any other "younger" band with such big arenas as headliners on tour.

Also before pandemic they sold out almost all Arena shows in Europe

I am very happy for them, I am fan since Primo Victoria. Yes they are always playing very safe and they dont want to change anything, I would like to hear more something like Rise of Evil...

But they deserved this popularity beceause they are all over the community. Marketing with gaming industry, History channel, social media activity, non stop touring, great merch...hats off to them.

I will be at this show :cool:
It was cool but man... It is so depressing how much they ignore the earlier material.

Panzer Battalion was last played in 2015.
Wolfpack was last played in 2016.
Stalingrad was last played in 2017, and only once outside of Russia since 2011.
Attero Dominatus stopped being a setlist staple in 2017.
Actually, apart from Angels Calling which was resurrected because of the Apocalyptica recording, last time a song from Attero Dominatus was played live that was not the title track was in 2011.

The whole stretch from 2nd till 8th song was so boring to me. Maybe it's just me because I really couldn't care less for the last 2 albums. They probably sound OK to people who just discovered Sabaton, but to me it's just a rehash after rehash. At least mix up old and new stuff in the setlist instead of having shit ton of new songs in a row and a shit ton of old songs in a row.

But I had fun as I took my little bro to his first metal gig and he had fun and was jumping around headbanging so he raised my spirits too despite the shitty setlist. Also kudos for playing Last Dying Breath as a special song for Serbia, it was only ever played once before, also in Serbia.

Also at the end they played a video of a potential new song about Milunka Savic, so I'm expecting another "Serbian" song on the new album.

Reactions: Yax

Full show, live premier of Moscow and 2nd time playing Dying Breath, intro is epic...

Last few albums they are just want to play safe with music and lyrics.

But on first two albums there a lot of great songs but in these crazy times it is very tricky to play. Like imagine they play Rise of Evil and crow is chanting THE RECIH WILL RISE.... or if they are playing Reign od Terror or In the name of God, the lyrics are very hardcore for some people and they will maybe have trouble.

Also they are ignoring songs from Metalizer because these songs are not war theme.

Last edited:
Back