Sabaton

But on first two albums there a lot of great songs but in these crazy times it is very tricky to play. Like imagine they play Rise of Evil and crow is chanting THE RECIH WILL RISE.... or if they are playing Reign od Terror or In the name of God, the lyrics are very hardcore for some people and they will maybe have trouble.
As much as I hate to admit it, this makes sense :(

I'm going to see these guys next March. Somehow never heard anything by them before outside of a few of their covers, so my friend I'm going with suggested The Last Stand as a good starting point. If the rest of their material is as good as that album then this concert is going to be fuckin' awesome.

A lot of their other material is better than Last Stand IMO. My personal favourite is Carolus Rex, but The Art of War won the last Sabaton album survivor game on here, I think

The Art of War, Coat of Arms, and Carolus Rex are classic Sabaton and arguably their highest points. From Heroes onward, the songs are catchy and punchy - but they follow a simpler, more direct formula and don’t contain as much musical depth.

The Last Stand is probably their worst album. And I’m counting Metalizer.
was-that-wrong-icegif-3.gif

The Last Stand is probably their worst album. And I’m counting Metalizer.

I refuse to believe an album with The Last Stand, Shiroyama and Winged Hussars on it is the worst anything. ;)

Carolus Rex was another suggestion, if that and The Art of War are considered their best then I'll make those my next listens. Suppose I'd better listen to The Great War as well as it's going to be that album's tour. I'm also quite interested in the theme of Heroes, how well does that stack up?

The Art of War sounds more "mature" and I was hoping after that album they will continue their musical evolution but last few albums are all the same, they dont want go out of their comfort zone.

I was expecting big things from Great War with some longer epic songs. Overall Sabaton is over the top live band, energy is crazy, stage and production of shows are on very very high level, lyrics are simple but on other hand very unique. Marketing of the band is great, but like real marketing of Metal band, not some sellout. But their songs are all the same, and I like it :D

If it tells the story of the war and not just snapshots like the previous album this might be a winner. But I’m not holding out hope.

I refuse to believe an album with The Last Stand, Shiroyama and Winged Hussars on it is the worst anything. ;)

Carolus Rex was another suggestion, if that and The Art of War are considered their best then I'll make those my next listens. Suppose I'd better listen to The Great War as well as it's going to be that album's tour. I'm also quite interested in the theme of Heroes, how well does that stack up?
Carolus Rex and Heroes are my favourite Sabaton albums.

And Senjut.. I mean The Art of War!

Back