Sabaton

They've now put 'Great War' from Oberhausen with the same camera angle from the rear of the stage right of the drummer. I noticed one of the roadies standing at the side of the stage in some sort of military uniform.

I was under the impression that they'd be showing different camera angles from different shows each week. Oberhausen seems to be a favourite. DVD incoming?

I get the impression this is a rainy day PR strategy to keep things from the band ticking over as we move to what normally would be prime festival season.

If I remember correctly, they actually said in the trailer that all songs were filmed from a "unique angle" behind the band.

'Attack of the Dead Men' from the London show in February is now on Youtube. Joakim is dressed in some WW1 gas mask outfit with some equipment as a model of what the German soldiers used to spread gas around the battlefield. Not as good as Bruce Dickinson's flame thrower for 'Flight of Icarus'.

I'm not really digging this "unique angle" behind the band as it doesn't convey the atmosphere from the crowd apart from at the beginning and end of the song. During the song there's just a black mass beyond the front of the stage.

I'm not really digging this "unique angle" behind the band as it doesn't convey the atmosphere from the crowd apart from at the beginning and end of the song. During the song there's just a black mass beyond the front of the stage.

I think it's unique, and it's better than no footage at all.

This is also easily my favorite song from The Great War, so it was cool seeing it. I missed them last October.

It might be unique, but the novelty is wearing off. They must have loads of footage and I'd prefer a full concert to be streamed than one song per week from a weird angle.
They do their shows with like 1 static drum cam, one action cam and one or two moving from the Photo trench. Blended with effects and artwork on the projection screen. They might have each cam recorded on a separate stream. Might. Would eat a ton of hard drives to do that each show. When they film for a blu ray they are going to need additional cameras.

Last edited:
103366761_10158329946334868_5767593339490851607_o.jpg

Sabaton's mammoth tour of the Motherland at the start of next year.

That does sound like a Chris Bowes production. Another parody band, or just a one off?

Edit: The musician names are rather telling:

Joakislaw Brodek - Vocals
Krzysztof Roguski - Guitars
Tomasz "Rynszcyd" Jachimek- Guitars
Paweł Strumień - Bass
Henryk Wandal - Drums

Last edited:
Back