Sabaton

This is weird.

Amaranthe is AWESOME! Some great melodic guitars with techno type keyboards and TRIPLE lead vocals. A great job on the cover for sure!
Amaranthe are a terrible band and people who like them are sad and weak. The cover of '82nd All The Way' is terrible. The different vocal styles are irritating and don't work on this song or on their own songs. They're basically just Rihanna with guitars.
I read this article and was going to post with some interesting, or at least substantial, comments about it but there's not really any point now. Do you have anything in particular to say about it?

Amaranthe are a terrible band and people who like them are sad and weak. The cover of '82nd All The Way' is terrible. The different vocal styles are irritating and don't work on this song or on their own songs. They're basically just Rihanna with guitars.
lNUh0uV.gif

I read this article and was going to post with some interesting, or at least substantial, comments about it but there's not really any point now. Do you have anything in particular to say about it?

No, by posting the article I was just doing a favour for fans of the band. I never heard anything by them in the wild, but have checked out videos a couple of times out of curiosity, as they are obviously doing well, but nothing I've heard has ever grabbed me to listen for more than minute or so.

Was a nice cover, though I do agree that the three vocalists are offsetting, particularly the growly one. The female singer is classy though.

I'll be seeing Amaranthe in August. Will reserve judgment until I see them live.
I'll save you the effort. They suck. I had the misfortune of seeing them at a festival in 2018. They were not good and the show felt very fake as the techno part of their music - which is a big part - was all played on a backing track. It would feel much more authentic if they had a keyboard player onstage.

They're supporting Sabaton on the European tour this year. I won't be going as I've SEEN Sabaton enough over the years and I'm glad I won't be seeing Amaranthe again.

Back