Sabaton

I'm seeing Sabaton this tour. I haven't listened much to Amaranthe, aside from mixing a multitrack from a stemshare subscription service. They sound a bit Eurovision Song Contest-esque with the layered vocals and synths, but it might be fun in moderation. The 365 song was pretty cool, but haven't heard much else.

I'll save you the effort. They suck. I had the misfortune of seeing them at a festival in 2018. They were not good and the show felt very fake as the techno part of their music - which is a big part - was all played on a backing track. It would feel much more authentic if they had a keyboard player onstage.

They're supporting Sabaton on the European tour this year. I won't be going as I've SEEN Sabaton enough over the years and I'm glad I won't be seeing Amaranthe again.
I'm going to the concert more for Battle Beast, so if I don't like Amaranthe, I can leave.

I've seen Amaranthe twice, one at Bloodstock in 2018 when their set was cut short and their mix was the equivalent of swimming through a swamp, and then supporting Powerwolf back in January and then I think I enjoyed them a bit more because I was quite drunk.

Either way, think they're quite forgettable.

Amaranthe are a terrible band and people who like them are sad and weak. The cover of '82nd All The Way' is terrible. The different vocal styles are irritating and don't work on this song or on their own songs. They're basically just Rihanna with guitars.
I read this article and was going to post with some interesting, or at least substantial, comments about it but there's not really any point now. Do you have anything in particular to say about it?
That's unfair on Rihanna, I can listen to her. They're more like the most nondescript generic dance pop piped over metal.

I've seen Amaranthe twice, one at Bloodstock in 2018 when their set was cut short and their mix was the equivalent of swimming through a swamp, and then supporting Powerwolf back in January and then I think I enjoyed them a bit more because I was quite drunk.

Either way, think they're quite forgettable.
This is interesting because both times I've seen Amaranthe, their sound has been really good. Especially indoors.

It's rather odd how nobody ever brings up this old song of theirs.
The whole song has a great sense of energy, and the final line of the chorus just... sticks in your head. Not a bad evil laugh, too!

make cruises great again
tenor.gif

Back