Sabaton

Unless something different has happened thanks to all the days we missed because of snow, yes. I can tell you definitely tomorrow... unless it's cancelled again.

Me while studying Modern Political History today:

"The Soviets mounted a defence of Moscow, in charge of which was Georghy Zhukov..."

MARSHALL ZHUKOV'S ORDERS SERVE ME BERLIN ON A PLATE DISREGARD THE LOSSES THE CITY IS OURS TO TAKE

OK OK, can't headbang in the library... Must concentrate...

"Turnaround came after the battle of Midway..." WE'LL MEET AT MIDWAY NAAAAAVAAAAAL WAR

Concentrate! Right,

"The Soviets were waiting for the Germans to control the Warsaw Uprising..." WARSAW CITY OF WAR VOICES FROM UNDERGROUND WHISPERS OF FREEDOM

Dammit.

Why do you even have to study for this if you know Sabaton?

And I see that Powerwolf will be at Sabaton Open Air this year along with Blaze! Who on here will be going to that? I need something to be jealous of. :p

am7Ld6j_460s.jpg

It's a lazy video. Why overdub a live recording with the studio version? Why not just polish up a live version and release that instead? I don't see the point in music videos nowadays and this one just seems like ticking a box.

Interesting point he notes in there about new album creation: it will continue to take longer if they keep getting bigger because demand for live shows increases, thus slowing the writing/recording process.

That's a very obvious, but not generally stated, reason for longer times between albums as bands get older.

I wonder if this means they're still working up a Napoleonic Wars themed album as suggested previously, or have shelved that for now in favour of a mixed historical period album.

Back