1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sabaton

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by gazda, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

I meant that I dunno if it was known that the voice that appears on the album is the voice from the audiobook version of the book, which I linked.

2. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

3. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

You're not in the FB Sabaton Memes Community by any chance, are you?

4. Detective Beauregard

Detective Beauregard Barrels of Rum! Black Powder!

I think these are both great starting places for the band, as they contain their overall catchiest material. Primo Victoria and Attero Dominatus have some strong points, but a lot of their earlier stuff tends to blend together. Avoid Metalizer at all costs. Coat of Arms has a few incredibly strong tracks (Uprising, The Final Solution), as does Carolus Rex (Gott Mit Uns, the title track). Their latest album, The Last Stand, contains a great song called Winged Hussars and overall is similar in quality to Heroes.

In case you're unaware, 90% of this band's songs are inspired by various battles and situations in World War II. The other 10% cover other wars.

5. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I think I like Heroes slightly more than Art of War.

6. Black Wizard

No, I'm not even on Facebook at all.

CriedWhenBrucieLeft likes this.
  7. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

I was trying to place this guy's face for ages before I realised it was Sabaton's new guitarist.

8. Black Wizard

9. Detective Beauregard

Currently going through Sabaton's discopgraphy to compile a playlist that is safe for work. Obviously anything with words "Nazi" or "Reich" or similar are out. This is proving difficult. So far I have most of Carolus Rex and not much else.

10. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Where do you live, Germany?

11. Detective Beauregard

Ha, no. Chicago.

12. LooseCannon

I listen to Sabaton at work!

Detective Beauregard likes this.
  13. Black Wizard

14. Dr. Eddies Wingman

Dr. Eddies Wingman Brighter than thousand_suns

Saw them tonight. Really liked the setlist.

I suspect the girl with the big Polish flag was disappointed at the lack of 40:1, but at least she got Winged Hussars.

The acoustic Final Solution was great. The selection of songs from the previous album was also a hit. Resist and Bite/To Hell and Back will probably stay as live staples.

MrKnickerbocker likes this.
  15. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Sabaton was amazing last night!

The setlist was really cool, even if I wished they had done some more old stuff. It was obvious that the crowd was really into Heroes and TLS, mostly, so I understand the decision to focus on newer material. This was the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sabaton/2017/concord-music-hall-chicago-il-23e6684f.html

Attero and Screaming Eagles really blew me away, more than I expected. Union was cool to hear, but honestly not a highlight. Lifetime of War, though not my favorite choice they could have played, was neat to hear in Swedish. They did a nice clapping acappella part in the middle that was pretty powerful.

We also were the first American city this year to get 40:1, presumably due to Chicago's large Polish population. There were 2 large Polish flags in the crowd, so that may have influenced their decision to play it. I do really love that they've stopped playing Metal Crue, though. The encore was way better without it.

Brigantium and Travis The Dragon like this.
  16. MrKnickerbocker

17. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

18. Black Wizard

19. LooseCannon

Her timing is off. Disappointed Joakim didn't appear halfway through to sing with her.

20. MrKnickerbocker

Surely there are more suitable vocalists for women to cover than Joakim Broden.

Black Wizard likes this.