Sabaton

Wow...by the description listed there it seems like Sabaton is playing first on Sunday?! Out of all those terrible bands?

I hope that these festivals are the beginning of a fall US headlining tour, and not their only appearances in the US.
Like I said, I can't see Sabaton coming over here just to play a few festivals. It wouldn't be a good idea money wise.

From: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=28230 Which has been a pretty reliable source for tour rumors:
I have gotten wind of several different tours that are suppose to be happening this year. Each have come from sources that work at the venues (2 different ones) that they will supposedly be playing at.

Sabaton will be doing a fall tour, no knowledge on openers
And on post number 35:
I have heard the direct support is bigger than you would expect and might piss people off that they aren't headlining.

I can see Accept, do they typically headline in NA? Don't know what their touring pattern is.

I'm serious about Iced Earth. Maybe someone can prove me wrong with actual numbers, but I've gotten the feeling that the two bands are on opposite trajectories in the US. Sabaton is getting more popular and Iced Earth getting less popular.

PLEASE NO ICED EARTH!!! THEY WERE SO BORING LIVE!!
LLFpO5q.gif

@Mosh: Sabaton is most popular European (excluding UK) metal band at the moment, and they are still rising. I think maybe only Blind Guardian and Nightwish are close to them, and In Flames in America. Iced Earth is an older band and their songs are way less commercial, I'm not surprised (but I'm saddened because IE is better in every way).

It's pretty much the same in America. Nightwish has a similar draw, maybe slightly more popular. Honestly I think Iced Earth screwed up when they started touring with bands like Volbeat and even Symphony X, totally different audiences with no interest in IE. They're doing a bit better now as far as that goes but it might be too late. Sabaton has been doing everything right in terms of promotion out here.

IE is awesome live. Even their shitty material is decent live. Loved hearing the Dystopia songs.

I think Jon Schaffer has too much pride to open up for a band he just headlined over 2 years ago. Not that I'd hate seeing IE again, but I've seen them like 12 times. I could go with someone new.

If it would make Schaffer feel better: on a few festivals' posters, Sabaton was above bands like Slayer and Megadeth :innocent:

This popped up on the French Sabaton page for about an hour before it got deleted.

Gg6XjUB.jpg

Gives a good idea of what the songs are about and tells that we're in store for another very short album (if this was a poorly timed leak and not a fake).

Sparta - seems obvious.
Last Dying Breath - no idea.
Blood of Bannockburn - The Battle of Bannockburn was held on June 24th, 1314, and was where Robert the Bruce defeated Edward II of England, recovering Scots independence until the Union of Crowns. In this battle, Robert the Bruce's numerically inferior force trapped gouded Edward's undisciplined forces into charging the Scots schiltrons, and then pinned them on the Bannock Burn after they fell back. This battle was mentioned at the very end of the film Braveheart.
Diary of an Unknown Soldier - at 55 seconds, who knows?
The Lost Battalion - This could be a few different things, but most likely it is the Lost Battalion of WW1. This battalion was cut off and shelled by US forces, though held their position and fire until the Germans retired from the engagement. A pigeon saved their lives. A movie, also called The Lost Battalion, was made about the incident.
Rorke's Drift - The Battle of Rorke's Drift was a British imperial battle between the British and the Zulu, where 150 British soldies defeated the assault of about 4000 Zulu warriors. This battle was detailed in the film Zulu.
The Last Stand - god knows.
Hill 3234 - The Battle for Hill 3234 was a battle in the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. This was also a last stand-style battle (at least the album is thematic), where about 40 Soviet paratroopers held off hundreds of mujaheddin warriors on the appropriately named Hill 3234, while valuable convoys moved through the pass below.
Shiroyama - This was the final battle of the Satsuma Rebellion, where samurai led by Saigo Takamori were finally defeated by the new Imperial Japan. You can see a highly fictionalized version of this in The Last Samurai.
Winged Hussars - Poland has had about a thousand last stands.
The Last Battle - curious what this is gonna be.

Great, and obvious deductions based on those song titles. As someone who knows very little about history (and specifically war/military history), I appreciate how people love to dig into Sabaton songs cause it makes my work easier. :)

Very short songs. The titles are believable, though. Unknown Soldier could be a spoken piece

Still assuming this is fake until I see something official. That random segue/sound FX track at #4 seems a little odd, specifically.

Back