Sabaton

Here's the second "trailer" video for the album, in which we learn that sometimes Sabaton sings about massive encounters, but they also sing about "individual achievements, at an individual level, or a very small platoon level, like 30-40 soldiers, like a small brigade...or anything like that." Unfortunately no Par this time around. :(

Not a fan of the chorus (and lots of Nightwish once again!) but I like the rest of that new song. Strong couplets and kick ass bridge and solo.

Last edited:
Just curious, Am I the only one here going to see Sabaton and Iced Earth on the current tour?

I still haven't decided. I think I have enough money for tickets so now it just comes down to whether or now I feel like going. I want to see Sabaton but I'm not sure if I want to see the Plagues heavy IE set, especially when I'm not too interested in the non-Plagues songs. Maybe I'll give it more spins and see if it grows on me.

Just curious, Am I the only one here going to see Sabaton and Iced Earth on the current tour?

@Detective Beauregard and I are attending the IE/Sabaton/Revamp show tomorrow in Chicago! Although I wish Sabaton were closing the show, I'm still very excited. It's been awhile since I've seen a tour where all three bands are incredibly solid.

You'll see Floor, one of the best singers out there.

This'll be my second time seeing Floor. I'm sure she'll be great. I truly hope IE invite her on stage for a surprise...

Make that "will be very happy" since I bet you'll get all these songs plus (only if there's room) one or more others.

Last edited:
I can only imagine that the setlist posted from MI is partial, due to the fact that the fans didn't know the songs very well. I'm excited just to SEE Sabaton, so anything they play is great.

That said, I just don't understand why they continue to play those inane "METAL!" songs. I don't hold American audiences in a particularly high intelligence bracket, but that shit stopped being entertaining twenty-five years ago. Would be better to end with Ghost Division.

That said, I just don't understand why they continue to play those inane "METAL!" songs. I don't hold American audiences in a particularly high intelligence bracket, but that shit stopped being entertaining twenty-five years ago. Would be better to end with Ghost Division.
I agree with you there.
Ending with Ghost Division would be pretty epic. Although if they absolutely have to play those 'metal' songs, Metal Ripper would have been a better choice. That being said, the set needs more songs from Coat of Arms.

Back