Russia invades Ukraine

@Azas Will you please stop saying "Germany, France and Italy" when talking about speculations of what might be a government policy? I told you several times that there is an overwhelming public and political support for delivering heavy arms to Ukraine in Germany, and only one of the three parties in the government is partially opposed for reasons that are not publicly known, yet widely criticised.

With all due respect, I will say it as long, as I, and many many people in Eastern Europe-Ukraine will see, that Old Europe's governments are acting like Putin's prostitutes and appeasers. Period. Ukraine is bombarded every day, people are dying, yet France and Germany does not act. What did Scholz, when Spain wanted to give Ukraine tanks? Correct, he forbade to do it.

sorry, for my English.

Last edited:
So a Turkish colleague of mine suggested, though he couldn't provide sources, that NATO is allowing Erdoğan to invade Syria again for him to approve of Sweden and Finland to join. Talk about a dirty deal.

Erdoğan is invading anyway. But did he ask NATO? I don't think so. Anyway Stoltenberg is a great supporter of his, good that he's leaving.

This has nothing to do with trying to get Russia off easy. It's about fear of Russia taking the territory needed to continue transit by force and end up in a NATO vs Russia war with a likely nuclear war - And NATO isn't ready as it is. Hate to say it, this is probably the best course of action at this point. The sanctions are aimed at trade, where this is moving goods to Russian territory. A continued blockade most definitely could escalate things and turn it into an all out war across the continent. Kalingrad transit isn't the hill to die on.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with trying to get Russia off easy. It's about fear of Russia taking the territory needed to continue transit by force and end up in a NATO vs Russia war with a likely nuclear war - And NATO isn't ready as it is. Hate to say it, this is probably the best course of action at this point. The sanctions are aimed at trade, where this is moving goods to Russian territory. A continued blockade most definitely could escalate things and turn it into an all out war across the continent. Kalingrad transit isn't the hill to die on.
You have a point. But the West is so slow and inert. When they will understand, that putin's russia will not change for the better. They will do what they want, as long as the West will flinch and gasp.

Last edited:
You have a point. But the West is so slow and inert. When they will understand, that Putin's Russia will not change. They will do what they want, as long as the west will flinch and gasp.
No point in being reckless though. The west knows what's at stake. If Russia didn't have 6000 nukes they are boasting willingness to use, there would have been boots on the ground a long time ago.

No point in being reckless though. The west knows what's at stake. If Russia didn't have 6000 nukes they are boasting willingness to use, there would have been boots on the ground a long time ago.
By that logic, even if russia will invade Baltic countries, The West will do nothing. Because russia has 6000 nukes, you know. And the whole democratic world order will be down the toilet.

By that logic, even if russia will invade Baltic countries, The West will do nothing. Because russia has 6000 nukes, you know. And the whole democratic world order will be down the toilet.
If they invade the Baltic NATO will have to defend its territory. And yes, it could very well turn into a nuclear war where we all die. NATO is gearing up to counter the threat to its territory outside of the Ukraine/Russia war, going from 40 000 battle ready NATO soldiers to 300 000 within 10 years, and that's before activating reserves.

Don't You see here a pattern? If Putin will be stopped NOW*, there will be no risk of "NATO will have to defend its territory". Evil must be destroyed in the beginning, later costs will be much higher...

* Putin invaded Georgia, then annexed Crimea and invaded southern Ukraine. The West did nothing. Now Putin wants all of Ukraine.

That is why the west is waging an economic war while assisting Ukraine with intelligence, money, supplies and weapons. You're sort of knocking down wide open doors here.

I can't see any end to the war, whether good or bad, coming in the next year. Russia might keep grinding away village by village with their artillery but there is little chance of any major breakthrough judging on the performance we've seen so far. And Ukraine will never negotiate away their lost lands for peace. It remains to be seen whether the West will have the stomach to continue arming Ukraine as the months pass by and whether Ukraines modest offensives have any chance to turn into something big.

As it stands the war has fallen into a general, bloody stalemate. The whole thing is tragic

Ukraine's attack near to Kherson seems to be gaining results. Lets hope they can build on it and put real pressure on the Russian forces. With their best escape routes cut off i would hope that with increased pressure some units will panic and break.

Back