Russia invades Ukraine

Have you noticed, after Blinken and Austin visit to Kyiv, the West is no longer afraid of russia's nuclear blackmail. There's a clear shift in understanding how to deal with Putin's regime. No more backing down. At least for USA and Great Britain. My friends, we will - Ukraine in the first place and the democratic West as a whole - prevail!

Russian UN diplomat resigns in protest of Putin. Brave man. I expect that he'll meet an "accident" by the end of the week.

20220523_221222.jpg

So, Germany until now didn't send to Ukraine heavy weapons. Tigers, etc. France and Italy declares pro russian cease fire messages. Something is very rotten in the Old Europe. russia's lobbyist's/bribery is working 24h.
There is opinion that Germany and France don't want Ukraine to win because they fear Ukraine+Poland+Baltic States axis of power in the future.
I am sorry, but I hate real politik of Germany, France and Italy. It's so frustrating. In some aspect, I hate those countries right now. :facepalm:

The German public opinion is overwhelmingly in favour of supporting Ukraine with heavy weapons. Delivery is delayed because the personnel requires training to use them. Yes, this should have already been done and it took far too long for the government to comply. The reason is because Scholz hesitated for very long, even though both his own government and the Parliament put him under increasing pressure. The most plausible explanation for his hesitation is that he feared his own party, the only one actually somewhat divided over this, would split over the issue after he had barely managed to get it back together.
So that thing about fear of a Baltic-Ukrainian axis is nonsense, and this is in fact the first I ever heard of it.

I think all countries suffered to a degree from the feeling Ukraine had no chance (especially after what happened in Afghanistan) .. but those thoughts should have been gone at most 2 weeks into the war. Then a phase of "we do not want to escalate/have our gas shut off". I think Bucha/the maternity hospital/general atrocities finally got heavy weapons moving, but nowhere near the pace they needed to be sent.

Obviously an oversimplification, but at this point there is no real excuse for not pouring weapons in to knock those monsters back to their russia as soon as possible.

Lithuanians (citizens) are going to buy Ukraine one Bayraktar. Join Us :D

"We are not going to stand and watch how old Europe is unwilling to help Ukraine.
No, Lithuanians are going to buy Bayraktar for Ukraine.
BAYRAKTAR – the dagger in the night, the horror of Russian army. Armed with bombs and rockets, sending fiery and deadly wishes to the invaders.
Never did people of one country decide to buy a heavy war machine in order to defend another country.
Until now.
Lithuanians are buying Bayraktar for Ukraine, and we are on the march!We need 5 million euro.
It is a staggering sum, but in less than 24 hours we have already raised more than 1.6 million euro.
Lithuania is united. Everybody chips in – government ministers and nurses, famous singers and students, businessmen and teachers.
Even kids are taking out their savings and asking parents to transfer them to Bayraktar instead of buying Fortnite skins.
The Hunt for Bayraktar is green lighted by Lithuanian and Turkish Ministries of Defense and Bayraktar makers.

Crowdfunding is run by independent internet TV „Liberty TV“ (Laisves TV). We are completely legit and transparent, we have raised 2.5 million euro for Covid relief, already bought thousands of vests, helmets and two modern recon drones for Ukraine, organized „Freedom Way“ to support Belarus. We are the sword of public action in Lithuania.

People of the world – come join us.

As King Theoden of Rohan said before the final battle at Helm‘s Deep in „Lord of the Rings“ - Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn!

Bank transfer (info will be repeated in the comments for easier use)

Beneficiary: Laisves TV
Account No: LT167300010156927144
Bank: Swedbank
SWIFT: HABALT22
Purpose: For Bayraktar

PAYPAL: gabija@laisves.tv

Donate and spread the word!

Hashtag: #bayraktarasUkrainai

Upd: Midday in Vilnius and we have 1 711 452 euro. Tempo is 1800 euro per minute. "

Andrius Tapinas is prominent media figure in Lithuania. This thing is legit.

@Azas if I judge by you plus some news here and there Lithuania is the most switch nation on Ukraine "situation".
What Arvydas Sabonis' stance on that matter? Is he public at all since his retirement?

UK cannot be part of a Union /Alliance that's not led by English-speakers. Least of all German or French. It takes a thousand years to realise that you R-no-Longer an empire. Or more. ::)

Chomsky on War on Ukraine, May 2022. Moderator is Wlad Jachtcenko, an Ukraine born who lives in Germany since 10 years old.

02:10 The most important question in the ongoing war in Ukraine.
09:36 The manufactured consent in the Media.
15:14 The war in Ukraine is a hideous experiment.
24:00 Isn't giving weapons crucial?
28:41 Regarding the unprovoked of the invasion.
40:02 How to develop critical thinking?
47:03 Chomsky's final message.

@Azas if I judge by you plus some news here and there Lithuania is the most switch nation on Ukraine "situation".
What Arvydas Sabonis' stance on that matter? Is he public at all since his retirement?

UK cannot be part of a Union /Alliance that's not led by English-speakers. Least of all German or French. It takes a thousand years to realise that you R-no-Longer an empire. Or more. ::)
I would not be surprised if Sabonis is 'don't anger russia' type, because he has many russian friends/ties from his basketball days. I don't know for sure. Just speculating.

So a Turkish colleague of mine suggested, though he couldn't provide sources, that NATO is allowing Erdoğan to invade Syria again for him to approve of Sweden and Finland to join. Talk about a dirty deal.

So a Turkish colleague of mine suggested, though he couldn't provide sources, that NATO is allowing Erdoğan to invade Syria again for him to approve of Sweden and Finland to join. Talk about a dirty deal.
Assuming that is true, it would be.

Back