Russia invades Ukraine

Seeing some tweets from Russian government sources suggesting Moskva has sunk, which makes it the largest warship sunk in offensive action since WW2, and probably since Yamato.
There was that Argentinan cruiser sunk in the Falklands. Not sure how it compares to today's news.

Now Boris isn't allowed into Russia - boo hoo!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61126391

"Russia's foreign ministry said: "London's unbridled information and political campaign aimed at isolating Russia internationally, creating conditions for containing our country and strangling the domestic economy" were responsible for its decision."

No shit - thank you for noticing! That was basically the point of the exercise after all ... ::)

I'm rather surprised that they are admitting openly that it's bothering them though :confused:

Despite the patriotic posturing, the Conservatives tend to be drawn from quite an international set. Milk the benefits while treating the (wrong sort of) foreigners as inferior. Not a surprise they keep harking back to imperialism.

Again with the rhetoric and support for Ukraine with arms especially from the U.S, I cant see this ending well and can only see one way its gonna got right now. Russia were obviously going to see that as an act of war. Win or lose Russia isn't going to let this lie. Do the U.S and its allies really think after Ukraine the Russians are just going to go away quietly?

But the purpose of US is not so much to help Ukraine, but to wear Russia. They are doing quite well so far. This is a proxy war and everybody with open eyes can see it.
Objectively speaking though, US has maintained a good balance so far. I hope they won't push it further that this.

The end target is China, if US manages to put a US friendly leader in Russia's helm then the goal has been achieved. If Putin survives this, it could end bad for US, dollar wise.

Back