Rush

Top 5 Rush Albums/Next Band

• Total voters
I encourage you guys to look at that Rush box again. No demos, no live tracks, just a remix of an album that sounded fine to begin with (if not one of the best sounding albums of its time). It makes the Number of the Beast 40th look extravagant. I understand wanting Maiden to go all out in new content post retirement, but I don’t really understand actively hoping that they take the Rush route which has resulted in some pretty underwhelming legacy releases. Plenty of bands out there are doing it better.

I would have Snakes And Arrows and Clockwork Angels higher on the list and 2112 lower, but other than that I am in agreement with most of what is written there.

• Sad
Reactions: Jer
I would have Snakes And Arrows and Clockwork Angels higher on the list and 2112 lower, but other than that I am in agreement with most of what is written there.
While I agree with your proposed modifications, I would also have to make a lot more of them to get the list anywhere near my own (other than its top 5). :)

The author really seems to have something against the band’s mid-80s sound, and it’s absurd to have the debut and Caress Of Steel as high as they are, and to have Vapor Trails so low, IMO.

While I agree with your proposed modifications, I would also have to make a lot more of them to get the list anywhere near my own (other than its top 5). :)

The author really seems to have something against the band’s mid-80s sound, and it’s absurd to have the debut and Caress Of Steel as high as they are, and to have Vapor Trails so low, IMO.

I agree with you on Caress of Steel. That would be close to the bottom of my personal list. Fly by Night would also be lower.

The first album I've seen in this list is Hold Your fire like the last one. Come On!!! The album is f**îng great. However Rush first album or even Caress of Steel is in higher positions. Also Presto deserves more recognition and a higher position.

The first album I've seen in this list is Hold Your fire like the last one. Come On!!! The album is f**îng great. However Rush first album or even Caress of Steel is in higher positions. Also Presto deserves more recognition and a higher position.

I think Hold Your Fire is their weakest album from the 1982-1987 period, but it is definitely not their worst album.

Hold Your Fire is certainly the weakest for me from their prime years. It's probably my third lowest rated Rush album overall tied with Caress of Steel and the self-titled debut.

Hold Your Fire is actually one my favorites. The last two songs on it are pretty meh but other than that it's on par with the rest of the synth era imo.
I quite like Tai Shan! I might be in the minority of this. Hold Your Fire was my favourite Rush album for quite some time. From 1995 to 1997 I was absolutely Rush crazy. I discovered all of their albums and it was a magical journey! with Maiden and Dream Theater they were my favourite band at that time.

Signals was my 1st Rush lp as a new release but Hold Your Fire was the 1st tour I saw. After the opening act Tommy Shaw, I found a friend of mine in the crowd. He said he was hoping they would play Tai Shan. I told him it's a good song, but I doubt they would play it. I was right.

When promoting HYF, Geddy appeared on Rockline (a radio show where fans could call in and ask the musical guest of the week a question). A fan called in practically begging Geddy to play Second Nature on the upcoming tour. They didn't.

When I saw this:

I thought: “It sounds great. One gig to attend!”

Tickets went on sale this morning and for Portsmouth range from £75.20 to £92.00, (they include a copy of Geddy Lee’s autobiography).

I guess I will save the money for something else (and would also avoid being told by half the audience that I look like Geddy Lee :lol: ).

Barry […] Weiss
Screen-Shot-2020-07-14-at-2.53.09-PM-e1594756436976.png

“Are you talking about me…?”

Back