Rush

Top 5 Rush Albums/Next Band

• Total voters
Except for skipping Caress of Steel, this setlist is pretty much my dream Rush concert! Unfortunately I did not start going to concerts for a few more years...

Except for skipping Caress of Steel, this setlist is pretty much my dream Rush concert! Unfortunately I did not start going to concerts for a few more years...

Wow ... that's a long show!

My high school years were spent being blown away as I went backwards in time 1 lp (vinyl) at a time discovering his amazing lyrics & jaw dropping percussion. I am sad but grateful I got to see Rush nine times live.

I sincerely haven't ever been so shocked and sad about the death of a famous musician... as of now. This comes so sudden. It hurts and I am very sad.
I admired his drumming immensely and also felt some sort of connection with the sadder sides of his live (I also lost a daughter, although in very different conditions and ages). This must be so painful for his wife and young daughter he wanted to be more often with (one of the reasons to quit Rush). All the best to Alex and Geddy of course...

Rest in piece Neil Peart. You music (and lyrics!) will live on!

Run with wind and weather
To the music of the sea
All four winds together
Can't bring the world to me
Chase the wind around the world
I want to look at life
In the available light...

Don’t think I have ever connected as much with a person I’ve never met.
I‘m devastated.

Sad news. According to the New York Times, he had brain cancer for three-and-a-half years. So he contracted it about a year after the R40 tour ended. He barely had any time to enjoy his retirement. Life can be cruel. But our lives are better because of Mr. Peart's artistry. "Legend" is a word that is overused and often inapt. Not in this case; the word certainly applies to him.

Run with wind and weather
To the music of the sea
All four winds together
Can't bring the world to me
Chase the wind around the world
I want to look at life
In the available light...

Don’t think I have ever connected as much with a person I’ve never met.
I‘m devastated.
I feel the same mckindog.

The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect,
The way you live, the gifts that you give

As if The Garden wasn't an emotional enough song to end a career on. Rest well Neil

Back