RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

I can't really figure out why it is the “Run For Your Lives” tour.
Iron Maiden tours have always had creative, but fitting and easy to interpret titles: “Future Past. Legacy of the Beast”...

The best explanation I read so far is Azaz's: It's actually the “Run from your Wifes” tour. :bigsmile:

I can't really figure out why it is the “Run For Your Lives” tour.
Iron Maiden tours have always had creative, but fitting and easy to interpret titles: “Future Past. Legacy of the Beast”...
I have the same. Legacy of the Beast and Future Past sound so "badass". This tour name sounds rather silly. But then again they've also had tours named "Gimme Ed Till I'm Dead" and "Eddie Rips up the World" so I guess this fits right in that alley.

I guess we'll get used to the name. Future Past took me a long while before it finally began sounding right

I have the same. Legacy of the Beast and Future Past sound so "badass". This tour name sounds rather silly. But then again they've also had tours named "Gimme Ed Till I'm Dead" and "Eddie Rips up the World" so I guess this fits right in that alley.

I guess we'll get used to the name. Future Past took me a long while before it finally began sounding right
I'd just like to say what LOTB was before we saw it:

A tour based on a pay-to win mobile game, that most of us were bitching about, because we wanted them to make another album.

Some time has passed from the new tour announcement, but I'm still little disappointed. I will definetly go to the show, but it's bit of a letdown. I'm not usually the complaining type, but at the moment I'm not too impressed.
Firstly, the theme of the tour. They have proudly said time after time that they believe in their new material, they don't want to become cabaret act etc. But with this first 9 albums restriction they are leaning towards cabaret. Let's celebrate 50 years but actually only some part of it. Is it so difficult to put one or two songs from reunion era to the set to represent the career of the band better, if it indeed might be the last tour? Also, I still don't get why they need to advertise from Iron Maiden to Fear of the Dark. Wouldn't it get more casuals/wouldn't it be better to say "Hits from 80's" or "Somewhere in 80's" or even "from Iron Maiden to Seventh Son" (and in the press release say that will include some hits from latter years (NoPrayer, FotD) or something like that) or why not even call it Fear of the Beast? I already feel LotB tour setlist was better representive of the band's career than what we will get now. Actually, everything with LotB tour seems better. We got new original concept with baphomet Eddie (not some weird mashup), we got better tour poster, more appropriate setlist, even the name of the tour was more clever. I would say Legacy of the Beast tour should have been the perfect send off tour, not this weird less than half history "celebration".

Another thing, I'm intrigued but at the same time pessimistic about the "even more spectacular and elaborate new show".
What will it be? Will they use even more screens (wow, how original)? Have a platform that goes into crowd? More pyro, laser show? Throwing big beachballs into crowd? 360 degree stage? All of that have been done multiple times by others, so I'm very curious what's that "we’re going to be giving our fans a once-in-a-lifetime live experience. This is a tour that’s gonna put a smile on your face and a cheer in your throat. If you’ve seen us before, then get ready to take that experience to a whole new level.
Hopefully, I'm wrong but I think we will get the same old open box type of stage design that they have used over 20 years now or as some have said - Rod's best investment. They change the drapes and backdrops but they always prefer their old ways of doing things so I would be very suprised to see something new in terms of stage structure. Have to keep in mind that they will also play in smaller arenas, so I'm pretty sure they use the same stage set through out the tour in different venues (stadiums and indoor arenas), which sadly means it might be outstanding in indoor arenas and unimpressive in outdoor stadiums in Nordic summertime.

But to end with positive note, I will surely enjoy the show, I will be surely happy if I will hear Phantom, Rime and Afraid to Shoot Strangers (would be even more happier to hear Brave New World and Dance of Death but that's now never gonna happen)

Last edited:
Only 27 shows is too bad. Lots of people won't get to see it. I guess that's the concession to their ages. As recently as the Book of Souls tour they were doing 70+ shows. Oh, well.
IMO, they should have stuck to the shorter tours plan that they had laid out in the press release for the DOD tour. The longer tours do not suit Bruce at all. Post 2006, I would argue his strongest tours were the first leg of SBIT, Final Frontier 2010, the LOTB tour in 2018 and TFP in 2023. They were all shorter tours and he sounded great.

When they have played lots of shows in a year since 2008, Bruce always sounds rough by the end of the tour. I remember my wife saying ‘he chickened out!’ on the chorus to The Talisman at the O2 in 2011.

IMO, they should have stuck to the shorter tours plan that they had laid out in the press release for the DOD tour. The longer tours do not suit Bruce at all. Post 2006, I would argue his strongest tours were the first leg of SBIT, Final Frontier 2010, the LOTB tour in 2018 and TFP in 2023. They were all shorter tours and he sounded great.

When they have played lots of shows in a year since 2008, Bruce always sounds rough by the end of the tour. I remember my wife saying ‘he chickened out!’ on the chorus to The Talisman at the O2 in 2011.

I agree. Actually, one of the best things so far from this announcement was the low number of shows.

Some time has passed from the new tour announcement, but I'm still little disappointed. I will definetly go to the show, but it's bit of a letdown. I'm not usually the complaining type, but at the moment I'm not too impressed.
Firstly, the theme of the tour. They have proudly said time after time that they believe in their new material, they don't want to become cabaret act etc. But with this first 9 albums restriction they are leaning towards cabaret. Let's celebrate 50 years but actually only some part of it. Is it so difficult to put one or two songs from reunion era to the set to represent the career of the band better, if it indeed might be the last tour? Also, I still don't get why they need to advertise from Iron Maiden to Fear of the Dark. Wouldn't it get more casuals/wouldn't it be better to say "Hits from 80's" or "Somewhere in 80's" or even "from Iron Maiden to Seventh Son" (and in the press release say that will include some hits from latter years (NoPrayer, FotD) or something like that) or why not even call it Fear of the Beast? I already feel LotB tour setlist was better representive of the band's career than what we will get now. Actually, everything with LotB tour seems better. We got new original concept with baphomet Eddie (not some weird mashup), we got better tour poster, more appropriate setlist, even the name of the tour was more clever. I would say Legacy of the Beast tour should have been the perfect send off tour, not this weird less than half history "celebration".

Another thing, I'm intrigued but at the same time pessimistic about the "even more spectacular and elaborate new show".
What will it be? Will they use even more screens (wow, how original)? Have a platform that goes into crowd? More pyro, laser show? Throwing big beachballs into crowd? 360 degree stage? All of that have been done multiple times by others, so I'm very curious what's that "we’re going to be giving our fans a once-in-a-lifetime live experience. This is a tour that’s gonna put a smile on your face and a cheer in your throat. If you’ve seen us before, then get ready to take that experience to a whole new level.
Hopefully, I'm wrong but I think we will get the same old open box type of stage design that they have used over 20 years now or as some have said - Rod's best investment. They change the drapes and backdrops but they always prefer their old ways of doing things so I would be very suprised to see something new in terms of stage structure. Have to keep in mind that they will also play in smaller arenas, so I'm pretty sure they use the same stage set through out the tour in different venues (stadiums and indoor arenas), which sadly means it might be outstanding in indoor arenas and unimpressive in outdoor stadiums in Nordic summertime.

But to end with positive note, I will surely enjoy the show, I will be surely happy if I will hear Phantom, Rime and Afraid to Shoot Strangers (would be even more happier to hear Brave New World and Dance of Death)
They wont play anything after fear of the dark.

I think they are bringing forward this tour (which was supposed to happen in 2029 if Nicko hadn't had the stroke). The appeal is to play the first 9 albums. But they've been doing this for what? 30 years? I think the tour will only be successful if they innovate a lot in the setlist.

Overplayed songs like trooper, 2 minutes, can i play, iron maiden, fear of the dark (some of these will certainly remain) need to leave the setlist and make way for songs that the band has neglected all these years.

Its going to be the same classics from the eighties plus fear of the dark as the one from the 90s isn't it

Potentially -

1. Number of the beast
2. The Trooper
3. Can I play with madness
4. Heaven can wait
5. Wrathchild
6. 2 minutes to midnight
7. Wasted years
8. Run to the hills
9. The evil that men do
10. The Clairvoyant
11. Fear of the dark
12. Iron Maiden
13. Hallowed be thy name
14. Sanctuary
15. Running free

Potentially -

1. Number of the beast
2. The Trooper
3. Can I play with madness
4. Heaven can wait
5. Wrathchild
6. 2 minutes to midnight
7. Wasted years
8. Run to the hills
9. The evil that men do
10. The Clairvoyant
11. Fear of the dark
12. Iron Maiden
13. Hallowed be thy name
14. Sanctuary
15. Running free
*shudders internally at the prospect of this setlist*

I have always thought that the first leg of the FOTD tour was the worst set list they ever performed. This reminds me of it.

*shudders internally at the prospect of this setlist*

I have always thought that the first leg of the FOTD tour was the worst set list they ever performed. This reminds me of it.
Yes agreed. In fact all US tours from 88 to 98 basically had a few songs from the new album at the time, and then just the overplayed 'classic' songs like the above. It was only European tours that had a few interesting songs sometimes thrown in.

Back