RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

They don't seem to be featuring the Blaze albums for some reason.....
They aren't part of any classic or a renaissance era in their history. As much as I like those albums a whole lot more than I like Killers and No Prayer for the Dying.

Edited, brain wanted to say 2 years, fingers went for 24 months :facepalm::nuts:
But that makes even less sense, since 2 years are 24 months hahahaha

In this case, an “Iron Maiden 80s tour” would have been the better option, if that really was the idea. You wouldn't need this division of their career until the beginning of the nineties.
But that doesn't make sense to me as a marketing strategy.
I don't think that an anniversary history tour, which also may include a few reunion songs, would sell fewer tickets.
The casual fans who want to see Iron Maiden would still buy tickets. And a lot of die hard fans would be happier.
Fear of the Dark is the last Maiden 80s album, spiritually. And a hits tour has to include the song Fear of the Dark, since it is their greatest hit. This tour makes sense to me. I’m sure they’ll include some cool deep cuts.

But that makes even less sense, since 2 years are 24 months hahahaha
Before the edit there are rumours on the internet that I might've allegedly written "24 years" instead of "2 years" or "24 months". Maybe. Investigations are ongoing, we don't have clear information on the matter yet :innocent: :D

I am also not interested in documentary, but some started to rumour it few days ago.

But I seriously hope that you are right about another tour covering post FOTD to present day. But that will mean it will take place in 2027/2028. Do they (especially Nicko?) really last until then? Seems quite unrealistic, but hopefully it wil come true.
No chance of that. Sadly.

Let's just be glad for the tour a few years back where they brought out two blaze era tunes and some reunion era stuff.

Obviously I'd love to hear them encompass more of their caree from the 90s onwards but it'll never happen

My prediction for the setlist:

1.) Aces High
2.) Wrathchild
3.) Children of the Damned
4.) Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter
5.) Phantom of the Opera
6.) Killers
7.) Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
8.) Die with your Boots on
9.) Rime of the Ancient Mariner
10.) Flight of Icarus
11.) Fear of the Dark
12.) Iron Maiden

Encore
13.) The Evil that Men Do
14.) Run to the Hills
15.) Running Free

I wish they'd played Infinite Dreams and Only the Good btw

As for No prayer. I like that album but it's the only maiden album where some songs blend into one for me. I still mix up parts of the title track, public enema, fates warning and run silent. And I'm a sad little fanboy. Doubt casuals would have any idea.

I hope they at least play one from the album. I love BYDTTS but Tailgunner would be fun

Maybe the reason why don't play in Greece is that promoters can't guarantee that there will be no flares at the show. If I were Bruce I would definetly demand no flares policy, if they can't provide that then no show.

I just noticed the Eddie is a hybrid of all the Eddies. There’s some cyborg, some clairvoyant, some tree branches on the right shoulder. I haven’t found a direct connection to Powerslave, but overall it seems like they tried to represent most albums within the one image.

You have a point, but I believe both them and not hardcore fans would rather have a TNOTB song than hooks in you...
In most cases, but they will play some cuts right. Obviously the tour is a crowd pleaser.
I reckon "Iron Maiden: Run For Your Lives" will be the name of the documentary.
I think it will something with 50 Years in it.
I still don't understand why are they giving infirmation about how long tour will last - 2025/2026 and why are they specifically putting from Iron Maiden to Fear of the Dark on the tour poster. Couldn't they just announce that they are doing songs from their career. Maybe it's connected with rumoured documentary that will cover period from 1975 up until Fear of the Dark period?
The documentary should cover their entire career. We have the History DVD's for the 80's. They give info about the theme of the tour (limiting with the setlist for the 3rd tour in a row!), it's normal and the info about the years could mean that we should expect a new album (no 3rd leg) in 2026.
I'm sure it'll be brilliant but a tour covering their whole career for their fiftieth would've felt more exciting for me.
This. Although LOTB was such a tour.

Maybe the reason why don't play in Greece is that promoters can't guarantee that there will be no flares at the show. If I were Bruce I would definetly demand no flares policy, if they can't provide that then no show.
No, it's because Alexander the Great died of fever in Babylon. So he never made it back to Greece. So neither did Maiden.

Not heard about the documentary. But it's a strong hint that they plan to do another two year run of touring after this for post-FOTD to present day music.
That's not leaving a whole lot of time for a new album, I have to say....
I highly doubt they would do another tour with FOTD-to-SJ albums. If it was earlier in their career...and it would have been so cool. If they do a tour after 2026 I think it will be for a new album, for which they have 2 years to record. That would be the best case scenario.
The more I think about it the more disappointing I think the theme of the tour is.
Yeah because they already did everything for the 80's - and they could have thought of something a bit more interesting.
But maybe this is their way of doing a 90's era tour without actually doing it, with 80's songs and 3/4 songs from the early 90's albums. And Fear is a big hit. Plus they recently played some Blaze era songs. The only options for a tour now were really: 90's era (no, we know it), Reunion era (after the current tour, no) and Deep Cuts (was always unlikely). 50 years theme would have been a more representative theme, but they would still play mostly 80's songs. They just needed like a fusion of a Hits and a History tour with their best albums. Although such a tour without songs from BNW is not right.

If the stage is spectacular (which I expect) and if they play 4-5 deep cuts (again, which I expect more or less) and overall interesting setlist, I won't/can't complain. Imagine if the next tour (hopefully there will be) is a new album tour! With more Reunion songs.

Last edited:
Back