Rant Thread

Is the day going that badly?
Yes, but nothing really serious, fortunately. Nevertheless, not a day goes by without I have to solve problems. But, I should stop complaining while people are dying of hunger, bombs or disease on the other side of the planet as well as in Europe...

Yes, but nothing really serious, fortunately. Nevertheless, not a day goes by without I have to solve problems. But, I should stop complaining while people are dying of hunger, bombs or disease on the other side of the planet as well as in Europe...
It's still absolutely legitimate to vent. A problem is rarely a problem in isolation, it comes with baggage and other issues that make them complex and time consuming and ruin your day. Still this is as good a place as any to let the stress out. It's ok to complain. Like a fart it's better out than in.

You know what really grinds my gears? When I have mate in 4 and blunder the game, and afterwards in the analysis it’s all so obvious.

My Instagram got hacked. Some bitcoin scam thing was posted in my feed and story and I had followed 200 random accounts. Deleted my account, it was about time anyway.

Some clever fuckers from Just Stop Oil tied themselves to a bridge over here, fucked traffic six ways to Sunday, turned two 90-minute journeys for me into 4+ hour ones each, sat through two vehicle accidents and a vehicle fire. I'm tired and hungry and really want to be at home. Fuck you you stupid morons and fuck your cause.

Didn't realise you were in the UK, Edington.

Didn't the same organisation just chuck soup at a Van Gogh, too? Not sure what that's got to do with oil, except maybe sunflower oil???

Some clever fuckers from Just Stop Oil tied themselves to a bridge over here, fucked traffic six ways to Sunday, turned two 90-minute journeys for me into 4+ hour ones each, sat through two vehicle accidents and a vehicle fire. I'm tired and hungry and really want to be at home. Fuck you you stupid morons and fuck your cause.
What exactly is it that prevents cops from just rolling up and arresting them? Or is that what happened and it took 4 hours?

Didn't realise you were in the UK, Edington.

Indeed I am, not-so-proudly in the Southeast. :lol:

Didn't the same organisation just chuck soup at a Van Gogh, too? Not sure what that's got to do with oil, except maybe sunflower oil???

They did, and spilled a load of milk in a supermarket. The soup stunt was apparently because the Government's fucked people over so badly that they can't even afford a can of soup to eat... so, instead of donating that soup to a food bank or something, they chucked it over a painting. This is the thing that gets me with most protest stunts, they don't make a point for their cause, they just make people think they're idiots. Look at today, those two blokes have pissed off the best part of two counties and they expect people to start taking their side?

What exactly is it that prevents cops from just rolling up and arresting them?
Tied/chained to bridge. Police are very wary of people doing stuff on bridges too

And fuck knows how the police are actually supposed to get them down.

What exactly is it that prevents cops from just rolling up and arresting them? Or is that what happened and it took 4 hours?
I don't know about this bridge, but in the case where they were blocking a road they had replacements. Every time one of them was dragged away, another rushed in to take that place.

Back