Rant Thread

Seeing my old friends drift away, becoming people I have a lot of negative feelings towards, that makes me sad.

I really love it when the questionnaire has answers to the questions I didn't ask, but not to the ones I did ask. Especially when I tell people to fix it, but then they fix just one out of two things, and then I have to ask again. Lovely stuff really. I just really love it when people don't read stuff properly.

:)

sgTanck.gif

When you’ve dreamt of being in a band for years but once you’re in one, it’s an underwhelming experience that seems to degrade your musical creativity instead of improving it. :facepalm:
I need to confront them soon, in a “let’s fucking make better songs or I quit” fashion. :p

Yeah but bands are still able to create good songs. To me, playing in this band is a step back from what I can create in my bedroom. I’m aware how pretentious this sounds but once you’ve developed a bit further, playing the same D-A-G chord progression song after song is the most depressing thing ever. How about the chorus? Oh, just play the same chords and change the vocal melody. Yeah, not falling asleep at all over here.

Yeah but bands are still able to create good songs. To me, playing in this band is a step back from what I can create in my bedroom. I’m aware how pretentious this sounds but once you’ve developed a bit further, playing the same D-A-G chord progression song after song is the most depressing thing ever. How about the chorus? Oh, just play the same chords and change the vocal melody. Yeah, not falling asleep at all over here.

Having experience in a lot of different bands, it basically boils down to you taking on more work. If you're sick of the songs that they play, write new songs and submit them. Perhaps the people writing the songs right now literally are not capable of writing anything other than D-A-G.

Otherwise, if you're in a 2 guitar band, tell them you wanna add more lead guitar and let someone else play the boring chords. Then write little embellishments and leads around the boring chords to make it fun for yourself.

OR: maybe this band just isn't for you. :D

Took the car to a garage to have the oil replaced, as well as all different filters. The guy at the reception asked for the car papers. When I told him I don't have them on me, he sighed and puffed and said he had no way of knowing what filters he would have to procure without seeing the technical specifications of the car. I bloody know all the specifications of the car, idiot! I hate car mechanics sexism, nothing beats them in that respect.

Last edited:
Took the car to a garage to have the oil replaced, as well as all different filters. The guy at the reception asked for the car papers. When I told him I don't have them on me, he sighed and puffed and said he had no way of knowing what filters he would have to procure without seeing the technical specifications of the car. I bloody know all the specifications of the car, idiot! I hate car mechanics sexism, nothing beats them in that respect.
That's bullshit. I worked at an oil replacement thingy at a Wal-Mart for awhile. There's a book with makes and models and stuff. What a patronizing asshole.

I have a good friend who is an airplane mechanic and also happens to be a female. Her sexism stories are pretty harrowing - I don't know how the fuck she handles it. Tough lady.

Friday:
Mom: When are you free next week? We need to meet up with >person<?
Me: Any day but Tuesday night, I'm going to the cinema.

This morning:
Mom: We're meeting on Tuesday night.
Me: I told you I can't because I'm going to the friggin' cinema.
Mom: Move it.

sgTanck.gif

I have to translate people's personal messenger conversations as proof of relationship. I read two convos and want to die of cringe.

AH5wHXE.gif

y9g9W2z.gif

It's so awful. I mean it's not hard to do but it's disgusting.

Wife is going to her husband in another country, and she needs to apply for a visa. Or the other way around, not sure. But due to age difference of like 15 years and other details, it's suspicious. They want messenger convos as proof they are in contact and in love. Beats me why, they can easily fake that too. So I need to translate that. It's nothing explicit, it's just so fucking cheesy and disgusting. Every sentence has a <3 and either "honey", "love", "my only one" or something like that. Which is completely fine to the couple, but awkward to read and translate for me.

Boss told me I don't have to do it all, but I will anyway, to prove I can handle it because I'll need to do this a lot in the future. I just hope other convos won't be as fucking cheesy.

y3PWaHz.gif

Back