Rant Thread

Everytime I'm at the airport, the same two distressing displays of human stupidity occur ad nauseam.

1. My flights often are at a gate that is at the very back of the terminal, with stairs leading down to a lower level. The sluding doors leading there are always locked until the gates are opened. Admittedly, an unusual procedure. However, it's made quite obvious by the large group of people waiting around the door that it's not open. And yet, people will bypass this obvious sign and run straight for the door waiting for it to slide open only to almost bump into it like flies against a window or @Night Prowler against a glass door. People, do you think we're standing here just for the fuck of it? As I was typing this paragraph, this sad event occured twice.

2. Ryanair is not exactly the best airline for customer service, I agree. There are a lot of things more pleasant than a flight with this airline. However, if you pay only 10 or 20 Euros for a flight, they have the right to treat you like shit. You're not entitled to anything. If you want service, pay for it. That being said, in some airports, it's worth paying extra for priority boarding, in others it isn't. But if you're not willing to pay extra for priority boarding or other perks, then don't act like you're entitled to it. So many people line up for the priority boarding queue and throw a fit when they're not being let through. Sometimes, the personnell let's them wait in this queue until the priority people are through and then let them pass, which they absolutely don't have to, and people still bitch. They should be sent to the very back of the queue, in my opinion. It's your own fucking fault if you don't read the signs telling you you're not entitled to this service. And then they go home and tell people that Ryanair is shite. A company is always a reflection of its customers. Don't buy a ticket for less than the cab to the airport costs you and expect prime service. Read the conditions and terms of service and shut the fuck up. You're depressing your fellow passengers.

Last edited:
Priority boarding is a scam. You get on the flight first and start to make yourself comfortable, then everyone else piles on and you have to stand up again to get your neighbour sit down. Sad!

Priority boarding is a scam. You get on the flight first and start to make yourself comfortable, then everyone else piles on and you have to stand up again to get your neighbour sit down. Sad!

That's why I always get window seats.

Nothing Perun describes is poor service; it's just dump people. Having said that, no sector of any industry should ever strive to have a customer option of (or business model that strives for) cheap & shite.

Went to show someone what poor condition the book I got from the library is in, and in doing so, damaged it even more by getting stuck in the doorway. :facepalm:

I felt out of breath since yesterday night. It was going from bad to good until it got bad enough for me to go to the hospital. So I got there and when they called my name and I entered the room the doctor was like "what's wrong?" and I told her and she was like "get out, not my area of expertise", despite the nurse sending me there explicitly. I sat down outside and within minutes I was numb and vibrating (or at least it felt that way) from head to toe. So they admitted me anyway because I was close to blacking out. Got some better sedatives than the ones I was taking for like a week. I feel better but still kinda breathless. I didn't go full panic attack mode which should include hyperventilating afaik, but it got pretty close. But all the results they could take were normal. Blood tests were all normal. EKG was normal. So apparently it's stress or "accumulation of stress". I seem to have "packed it away" while I was busy being a nerd and when I graduated it basically came flooding out and now I'm getting these symptoms despite not actually stressing over anything other than the symptoms themselves. :facepalm:

I felt out of breath since yesterday night. It was going from bad to good until it got bad enough for me to go to the hospital. So I got there and when they called my name and I entered the room the doctor was like "what's wrong?" and I told her and she was like "get out, not my area of expertise", despite the nurse sending me there explicitly. I sat down outside and within minutes I was numb and vibrating (or at least it felt that way) from head to toe. So they admitted me anyway because I was close to blacking out. Got some better sedatives than the ones I was taking for like a week. I feel better but still kinda breathless. I didn't go full panic attack mode which should include hyperventilating afaik, but it got pretty close. But all the results they could take were normal. Blood tests were all normal. EKG was normal. So apparently it's stress or "accumulation of stress". I seem to have "packed it away" while I was busy being a nerd and when I graduated it basically came flooding out and now I'm getting these symptoms despite not actually stressing over anything other than the symptoms themselves. :facepalm:
That's what despising rakija does to you.
Get well NP and don't fret.

I got groped in public transport. I find it difficult to also admit that I did nothing and just kinda sat there pretending it wasn't happening and wishing it would end. Maybe it was dumb to expect someone else to see it and tell the guy off, but I was scared to do it myself because I thought he'd yell that I was lying or something. And for the most part I'm the kinda person to think about saying something but then not say it because I might regret it and this was one of those times. This happened some days ago already, but that day I was wearing a very particular outfit that was one of my favorite ones and I basically feel it's tainted now. It's a kind of vintage/retro-looking one, so it caught some attention anyway, and now that it's washed and dry I feel like wearing it again because it's so beautiful but I get that if you stand out you're more likely to have things happen to you or whatever. And also I feel guilty about my lack of reaction since the guy probably now feels he can keep on doing it and will do it again because he got away with it last time. So in conclusion AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Back