Rant Thread

It's not too hard to walk from your parking bay to your front door, either, but he's too lazy for that as well.

Spotify sends me an e-mail about their 0,99$ for 3 month thingy every week DESPITE NOT FUCKING BEING AVAILABLE IN SERBIA.

Anyway I picked up a free trial of Google Play Music and it looks better to me, although I dunno how the libraries compare. But at least GPM allows me to upload my own music on their cloud. Looks better too. I'm listening to the new Ghost album that appeared on GPM at midnight, which is neat.

I would like to use GPM because it lets you upload your own music but the phone app is not good.

Bullshit of the day:

I'm submitting a document originally written in English. It needs a particular stamp. That stamp can't be applied on a document originally written in English; it has to be a document written in Serbian, then translated to English. WHICH IS THE SAME FUCKING THING!!!!! Fascist IMO.

I see it more as a contemplation than a rant but it's going to be less disruptive in this thread than others.
I went through many of my schooltime works, including films and essays, studies and presentations, and was very positively surprised by the quality of many of these works. I remembered the sensation of creating specific scenes and dialogue for the short movies, and recognised a very natural wit for clever lines and visual plays. I'm sure we had a lot of fun filming, despite the tediousness of filming the same thing multiple times until it sort-of works. All of this makes me very nostalgic because it's been years since I've done something so creative with other people, and the last year has been exceptionally poor in terms of self-actualisation. I've noticed that something isn't right for a long time now, and I've become quite sure that it's a mixture of not doing enough things and not having people to do things with. Heck, the most random written assignments from school make me feel quite proud, now that I've read them again. Witnessing this pile of past creations and knowing what I've felt like in periods that lack creative output, I realise that I NEED to start creating again, whether it's a song, photo, video, essay or whatever. However, knowing what to do is not always sufficient. One needs a source of energy to feed their creative aspirations, and that source could be a beautiful day, good food or something else, but most of the time, for me, it is human contact. Talking to someone I like talking to is without equal. Clearly, though, there is not enough of that because I don't talk to my family members much and I don't have many talkative friends either. This results in times of complete and utter loneliness, which is the hardest thing for me to break through. It's like the ultimate writer's block, except it expands to all things productive. Purely by chance, I met someone recently who has been good to talk to and has therefore invigorated me to enjoy doing again (otherwise I wouldn't even have the patience to write this post), but I'm not going to pretend that one such person will solve this problem once and for all.
If you've made it this far, I'm not sure what I wanted to say in the first place. I guess it's that people sometimes need support to become functional again, and people need to make an effort to maintain that functionality. Overall, I feel like things have been out of balance and that is why I currently have a hard time focusing on and preparing for university entrance exams, despite being the most important thing in my life in the month of June. Hopefully I don't sound too self-pitying, I absolutely don't intend to. Thanks, see you.

Btw, I originally wrote this sentence with a typo which renders it really funny in my opinion: "I NEED to start creating again, whether it's a son, photo, video, essay or whatever."

I NEED to start creating again, whether it's a son, photo, video, essay or whatever."
I'm not sure that would help, but who knows... :D

It seems to me that you are a bit too focused on trying to create things and that strain actually makes things worse. You can't be productive 100% of the time, especially if you have other sources of stress, such as exams. I'd say take it easy, focus on the exams as much as you want and then get on with trying stuff just for the sake of experience, not the end result. That probably doesn't help at all, but in my experience, the more you obsess over something, the more difficult it is.

My neighbour is a terrible singer. I wonder if he wants to hear my Nightwish tribute.

If you want, we can all fly over and delight him with our rendition of Iron Maiden songs.

Save it for the end of the tour, then everyone can also visit discount hardware stores in town and meet Janick.

I see it more as a contemplation than a rant but it's going to be less disruptive in this thread than others.
I went through many of my schooltime works, including films and essays, studies and presentations, and was very positively surprised by the quality of many of these works. I remembered the sensation of creating specific scenes and dialogue for the short movies, and recognised a very natural wit for clever lines and visual plays. I'm sure we had a lot of fun filming, despite the tediousness of filming the same thing multiple times until it sort-of works. All of this makes me very nostalgic because it's been years since I've done something so creative with other people, and the last year has been exceptionally poor in terms of self-actualisation. I've noticed that something isn't right for a long time now, and I've become quite sure that it's a mixture of not doing enough things and not having people to do things with. Heck, the most random written assignments from school make me feel quite proud, now that I've read them again. Witnessing this pile of past creations and knowing what I've felt like in periods that lack creative output, I realise that I NEED to start creating again, whether it's a song, photo, video, essay or whatever. However, knowing what to do is not always sufficient. One needs a source of energy to feed their creative aspirations, and that source could be a beautiful day, good food or something else, but most of the time, for me, it is human contact. Talking to someone I like talking to is without equal. Clearly, though, there is not enough of that because I don't talk to my family members much and I don't have many talkative friends either. This results in times of complete and utter loneliness, which is the hardest thing for me to break through. It's like the ultimate writer's block, except it expands to all things productive. Purely by chance, I met someone recently who has been good to talk to and has therefore invigorated me to enjoy doing again (otherwise I wouldn't even have the patience to write this post), but I'm not going to pretend that one such person will solve this problem once and for all.
If you've made it this far, I'm not sure what I wanted to say in the first place. I guess it's that people sometimes need support to become functional again, and people need to make an effort to maintain that functionality. Overall, I feel like things have been out of balance and that is why I currently have a hard time focusing on and preparing for university entrance exams, despite being the most important thing in my life in the month of June. Hopefully I don't sound too self-pitying, I absolutely don't intend to. Thanks, see you.

Btw, I originally wrote this sentence with a typo which renders it really funny in my opinion: "I NEED to start creating again, whether it's a son, photo, video, essay or whatever."

upload_2018-6-9_0-11-57.png

Repeat the chorus, repeat the chorus!
Don't you think I'm a nuisance?
Don't you think I can bore you?
Don't you think I can waste your time?

We should make a thread to design an official Maidenfans shirt. So that when you go to a Maiden show you can recognize a fellow Maidenfan.

We could have new ones for each tour

We should make a thread to design an official Maidenfans shirt. So that when you go to a Maiden show you can recognize a fellow Maidenfan.

Maybe if we have a general meetup again next year, we could do it. I'll draw the Eddie.

Back