Random trivia

This one bugged me, so I did a bit of research. And I have to admit, I was a little bit surprised at what I found. cornfedhick is right, a lot of us will use and even see it every single day, but rarely actually touch it.

Albie said:
This one bugged me, so I did a bit of research. And I have to admit, I was a little bit surprised at what I found. cornfedhick is right, a lot of us will use and even see it every single day, but rarely actually touch it.

Glass? If correct, I'll pass the next question to someone else. If not correct, bollocks.  ;)

I don't think that's correct either. I mean most people drink a glass of water every day, right? Damn you Confedhick, it's a tough one!

It is not glass.  Since people are now starting to Google the answer, I'll give this question until tomorrow and then reveal the answer. 

Asphalt is correct.  It is the most recycled product both on a tonnage and percentage basis.  According to one U.S. government study, roughly 80% of the asphalt used in roads is recycled. 

While there were three USS Lafayette, there isn't one currently serving.  I should be specific: In the United States Navy, what is the only currently commissioned vessel named after a foreigner?

If this answer is something like USS Schwarzenegger, then I'll be a monkeys uncle. :D

Schwarzenegger is absolutely a US Citizen.  The person I am speaking about is an Honorary US Citizen.

I'll guess the USS Winston Churchill or the USS Margaret Thatcher.  Those are the only two 20th Century figures on whom I could imagine the U.S. Navy bestowing such an honor. 

Back